 People / 2443
Re: Shiri - A one time thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:52:30 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
However, I'm sure you would agree that part of the maturing process is to
recognize when someone else is pointing out what, for all appearances, is a
stupid and arbitrary policy, enforced blindly and with a willful ignorance.
And don't give me any stories about how the whole of NELUG voted for it --
it just serves to lower my opinion of the group.

Maybe I'm alone in my opinion, maybe not.  But I choose this opinion, and I
choose to express it.  Deal with it.

<snippage above>

You aren't (entirely) alone in your opinion; I also happen to think that
it's a pretty dumb policy *BUT* it's their policy, and their choice.  IMHO,
it's a bit hypocritical to call them disrespectful while not respecting
their decision.  As is oft repeated in these forums, "I disagree with your
policy" is more likely to generate a reasonable response than "it's a stupid
policy".

James