Re: A one time thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:32:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shiri Dori writes:
OK, I'll be blunt.

Would anyone hate me if I crashed a single NELUG meeting?

I agree with those who think this whole conversation (at least where it has
degenerated into rudeness) is silly.

Shiri, why don't you just go and tell them that you're 18?  Just admit that you
were held back a grade in school and you've been fibbing about your age all
along to cover it up.  It's time to admit the truth.  No one will care about
your failure as a third grader...that was a long time ago.

And anyway, is it NELUG's practice to check state-assigned identification cards
at each meeting?  What if you happened to forget your ID?  If you are turned
away, ask to see verification that everyone in attendence is 18 or older.  If
that can't be provided, _then_ you know that you're being discriminated
against.  But really, what are the chances?  If they don't want to judge
someone, then they will accept your age as 18 rather than questioning your
veracity.

Chris