 People / 2440
Re: Shiri - A one time thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:07:47 GMT

In lugnet.people, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.people, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.people, Eric Joslin writes:
Thanks for your flam- uh, I mean, thoughtful opinion.  I'm sure we'll all learn
and grow from it.
One would hope.
I'm sure you'd agree that part of that maturing process is being respectful of
the way other people choose to do things, even if you don't agree with it.

See, there's that funny word there:  respect.  I'm sure you have the same
level of respect for Shiri as you would for anyone else who wants to visit
-- oops, Shiri's just a child.  It's perfectly FINE to disrespect someone
strictly because they're under 18.  How obtuse of me.

However, I'm sure you would agree that part of the maturing process is to
recognize when someone else is pointing out what, for all appearances, is a
stupid and arbitrary policy, enforced blindly and with a willful ignorance.
And don't give me any stories about how the whole of NELUG voted for it --
it just serves to lower my opinion of the group.

Maybe I'm alone in my opinion, maybe not.  But I choose this opinion, and I
choose to express it.  Deal with it.

Cheers,
- jsproat