Re: A one time thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:51:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shiri Dori writes:
OK, I'll be blunt.

Would anyone hate me if I crashed a single NELUG meeting?
(snip)
Please LMK if you don't want me to come. If you decide it's ok, please tell
me where and when exactly the meeting is...

TIA.
-Shiri

Speaking as a 'member' of what is probably the most low-key non-organized
"group" in the world, I hope they give you a chance to drop in this one
time.  (And what's up with the flames farther down this thread?  Can't we
all be nice, people?)

I don't know how NELUG runs their meetings, perhaps you could create some
sort of presentation to give to the group?  That way you would be there for
a specific purpose, rather than just being there to be there.  GMTLC
"meetings" (ha!) are usually just build and gab sessions, with lots of
insulting each other thrown in for good measure.  There's no set start time
or end time, it's whenever people show up.  If we had room, we'd invite more
people, but squeezing a dozen people into a 12 x 22' room gets more than a
bit cramped!

Otherwise, have you thought of bribery?  A huge batch of chocolate-chip
cookies might do the trick...  <grin>

Best of luck, Shiri - I hope you stay in touch with LUGNET!

JohnG, GMLTC