 Organizations / United States / LUGOLA / *925 (-100)
  Re: Next meeting: Sunday October 26th, 2003 @ 4:30 PM

(...) Gang, Don't forget daylight savings ends the 26th. Sunset is 5:06 pm. Adr. (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Next meeting: Sunday October 26th, 2003 @ 4:30 PM

Just to point out what is sitting in the sidebar in plain view: Sunday October 26th, 2003 @ 4:30 PM in Altadena , Ca. Host- Anne Henmi Events: MOC showing, BST, Make and Create Free Build. We'll also be discussing other LUGOLA business. Email (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Resceduled: LUGOLA Meeting SUNDAY October 19th - 4 PM

Hi Adrian, Actually, it's still the same date (the 26th). The time will be changing though. -Anne (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Resceduled: LUGOLA Meeting SUNDAY October 19th - 4 PM

(...) Well, I'd better start asking now. Is anyone is San Diego/Orange co. going to this? Catching a train to a station in Orange is no prob for me. The later meeting start does give more trip options (what time I get back home doesn't matter). Will (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Resceduled: LUGOLA Meeting SUNDAY October 19th - 4 PM

DOH! It looks like we need to move this to the 19th instead of the 26th. I'm sorry about the short notice folks, but that's how it is. Nine days from now at 4pm we'll be getting together in Altadena at Anne's place. More info forthcoming later (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting SUNDAY October 26th, 2003

(...) Sounds cool! In a hectic month for me this will fall on one of the few days I won't be already occupied. Fantastic! -Brian (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA Meeting SUNDAY October 26th, 2003

Hello again, everyone! We are holding the next meeting at Anne's house in Altadena on Sunday, October 26th, 2003. Yes, I said SUNDAY. We've been granted one of Lego's 'Make and Create' LUG boxes and we'll be putting it to the test that day. What's (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: NWBC?

I'll be at NWBC from Friday to Sunday, and I'll be running the animation competion Saturday evening! I'm the one who was wearing the black Weird Al shirt at the last meeting (I'm at the far right in the group picture). Hope to see you there! (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks! (...) Mark Terrabain invented a single piston, single switch AND gate, but it only has one pressure output, so you have to retract the pistons with some external force like rubber bands. I invented a single pison, dual (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) For models with a lot of cylinders I use a car tyre air compressor. I bought the slightly more expensive one tha has a variable pressure limiter and set the limiter to 20 PSI initially. This wasn't quite enough. 25 PSI was good for all but the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  NWBC?

Is anyone from LUGOLA going up to Seattle next weekend for NWBrickCon? I'll be there... (2 URLs) (Bruce) (URL) LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage> (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) My friend Doug has used them up to 30 PSI. (...) I don't know what the maximum allowable pressure is, but 30 PSI is probably a good upper bound. It depends on which direction you are trying to move the weight. If you are trying to move it (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

(...) By highly scientific methods [1] I got ~54N, beyond that the cylinder starts leaking. With a diameter of the piston of 13mm that gives 54N/(pi*0.0065mm^2)=406833.94 Pa ~ 4 times atmospheric pressure. That is rather new transparent cylinder (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Brian Reynolds wrote: <<snip>> (...) The hoses will pop-off before any damage is done due to preassure. The preassure will also leak out in time so there's no danger there either. (...) Depends on the compressor. (...) Don't (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego pneumatic systems overview?

Hi Brian, Have a look to Kevin's presentation: (URL) it doesn't answer all of your questions, but at least to point 4: use a small piece of tube and plug in a minifig tool handle or a bar such as (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Lego pneumatic systems overview?

Hey there folks, recently my eyes were opened to the mechanical possibilities that the Lego pneumatic systems allowed and today I received my Bricklink order for a couple pumps, pistons, switches, airtanks, and tubes and have been happily testing (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.technic)

  Pictures from LUGOLA Meeting 9.6.03

Hello again everyone, I uploaded some of the pictures I took of the meeting yesterday. You can see them here: (URL) Enjoy. Also, if someone has a complete list of the attendees I'd appreciate that; I'm working on a page for the meeting. (2 URLs) (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: So how was it?

(...) Dave J. brought over some very cool stuff that I think can be described as a "to be continued" thing. Brian brought some good foder to dig through but a lot of it was in containers. I'll bring some old bed sheets next time. A lot of us brought (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  So how was it?

GAH! Sorry about missing the meeting today. Last minute flat tire left me stranded with no way to go foward. Stupid bolts in the road :-/ grrrrrr.... Kinda tough to find a tire store when you have not lived in the area for about 10 years.. Anyways, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Last minute LUGOLA surprise....

I'll have my camera, fer shure. Color me intrigued! -Brian Reynolds (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Last minute LUGOLA surprise....

Duuu...uuude... Sorry I can't make for this :( -Anne ps I'm still looking for a lot of tan bricks (1xN,2xN) :) (...) -- For SCO to attack IBM using IP (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. is somewhat like trying to eat >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. a live tiger. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So Who's Going On Saturday??

(...) I'll be there. I'm bringing my Mos Eisley Cantina, a diner, and a few other new and old things. See you all there. :) (2 URLs) (Bruce) (URL) LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage> (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: So Who's Going On Saturday??

You know I'll be there! I'm also aware of two others who will be coming to pick up orders from me. I'm bringing myself and that's about it. :) I'm not sure if Bryce will be there as his job might require him to be at work tomorrow. -Dave (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Last minute LUGOLA surprise....

Hello everyone! While I was packing the car this evening the UPS guy showed up and dropped three packages at my feet. They greatly resembeled this post: (URL) that? Well, Jake came through for us....big time! I just tossed the boxes in the car and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So Who's Going On Saturday??

(...) Yup, I'll be there. I'm not bringing anything (physical Lego), but I'll have my camera to take pictures of some awesome stuff. I'll also bring along my laptop in case anyone wants to talk LGEO. :D See everyone there! (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  So Who's Going On Saturday??

Hey Gang, It's FRIDAY! And that means tomorrow is Saturday, the meet day! So who's set to go? (We already know Brad and Shelly are.) Let's just call this a roll call of sorts. I'm taking the train to Irvine and Coby Bassett and his wife are going to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: New LEGO Sets on Display at September 6th meeting

Will you also be able to show the Grand Central Station (4513) set that you discussed on the reviews forum? I'd really like to be able to see this set in person, or rather the parts that make it up. Will be very nice to see the other models too; I'm (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: New LEGO Sets on Display at September 6th meeting

(...) Got some good news for ya- I'm getting rid of the green ones I bought from Brian a while back. Here's what I've got- 3 of 10x20, 11 of 8x16, 7 of 8x8, and 12 of 4x12 (8x8 and 8x16 in dark gray are on my hit list these days, got any?) Adr. (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  New LEGO Sets on Display at September 6th meeting

I recently splurged and purchased some of the excellent sets that have become recently available. I'll be displaying these on Saturday for the benefit of people who want to check them out: - Space Shuttle - 8455 - Technic back-hoe loader - VERY (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Update on next LUGOLA Meeting - September 6, at 11AM

I got an offer from two people the other day (my thanks to Coby and Jonathan) so I'm set to go on Satuday. Bring your best and look your best 'cause I'll have my camera w/ me :-) Adr. (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Sept. 6th meeting and parts deliveries...

Well, LUGOLA, you know you've got a 10% off discount in my shop to start with and now I've been having an anniversary sale, so I've bumped my normally low prices down quite a bit further for a few days. All of this is over with on Wednesday night at (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:HKJI8H.Fr2@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) containers as (...) are no (...) certain (...) but (...) an (...) If they are the same ones used in European shops, the two sizes will hold exactly 1 (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

(...) Wow! This sounds very cool. I am going to LLCA today, I wonder if they still have the "only at LLCA" signs they were so proud of before ;) I would love to do some price comparisons between the 2 different systems. I wonder what is the better (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

The size of thsmall container is: 14 studs diameter 12 studs high I think that the big container is twice as high (roughly the same diameter) They have a single large stud on top and an inset portion on the bottom to allow them to be stacked (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

(...) Question- What are the dimensions of the containers? Nothing exact, just an about size. Thanks, Adr (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Pick-a-Brick now available at LIC Anaheim!

LIC Anaheim now has Pick-A-Brick services. It works a bit differently than at LEGOLAND: - LIC Pick-A-Brick features two plastic container sizes, one for 6.99 and one (presumbably double-sized) for 12.99. You can stuff these containers as much as (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.legoland.california)

  New pick-a-brick selection changes

I was at LLC a few days ago and noticed some pick-a-brick selection changes. I don't know if Mark P's web page has been updated with these changes: - Addition of 1x2, 2x3, 2x4 transparent plates (I stocked up on these) - Many of the odd colored (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Harry Potter LEGO 50% off at LIC Anaheim

I went to LIC Anaheim yesterday and all HP LEGO sets were 50% off. I don't know how long the sale lasts. I suggest that you call them if interested. Disney employees get an additional 20% off. Note: I cannot provide services to pick up these sets. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Update on next LUGOLA Meeting - September 6, at 11AM

(...) That's good news to read :-) I have a "Plan B" I can use now but I'd still need a lift, fortunately a much shorter one. If I take the Amtrak I get off at either San Juan Capistrano or Irvine. The schedule says I'd be at San Juan Cap around (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Update on next LUGOLA Meeting - September 6, at 11AM

There had been some issues with the Parts Pimp (Brian) making the next LUGOLA meeting at 11, so the start time was moved to 9:30 to accomodate. However, he subsequently realized that his other engagement was on a different day. Because I know that (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  September 6 Meeting Confirmed Starting at 9:30

To allow for better trading/buying/selling opportunities, the next LUGOLA meeting will start at 9:30. Brian will only be here for 1/2 hour, but several other members have indicated their desire to supply bricks as well. Note: I only received one (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Parts Draft at next LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4

Well it sounds like you guys have everything under control. I like your idea of a parts draft Dave. I've just updated my brown inventory and if anyone wants me to bring anything special (i.e. color, Bionicle parts, etc.) let me know asap or place an (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Update on next LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4

(...) Yes folks, I could really use a lift :-) My offer of $20 to cover the gas is now up'ed to $25 (gotta show courtesy for higher gas prices). I live just north of the "Q" stadium in Tierrasanta. Adr. (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Parts Draft at next LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4

I think that (URL) definately be a great build. As for other suggestions, I find that for building smaller sets, building racing cars is quite fun. For example: (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Parts Draft at next LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4

Okay, it's time to take suggestions for what set we as a group would like to draft during the meeting. With Brian unable to stick around long, it's a perfect time to attempt a parts draft, so without further ado I'll toss out a few set ideas for the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: buying parts at LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4

Sheesh! What a doufus... Store link: (URL) really cares about my feedback...lol. -Dave (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: buying parts at LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4

Hi All! Regarding parts for sale at the September meeting, let me point out that those attending the meeting are encouraged to visit my little shop on Bricklink: (URL) mention that you are attending the meeting in the comments box and I'll gladly (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  IMPORTANT time frame for parts buying at September 6 meeting - 9:30-10:00

Brian Stokes, our parts "supplier" has a wedding to attend on this day. However, Brian can come to our house at 9:30-10 for a pre-meeting parts sale frenzy. All who want to partake are encouraged to come at this early hour and help Brian get rid of (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Info on next LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4, Southern Orange County

LUGOLA, I unfortunately have a wedding to attend this Saturday in San Diego and it begins at noon. Some people have purchased parts from me and I'd like to get them to you for the meeting so hopefully I can stop by early and drop them off with Brad. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA home page revisited

Hi all, I haven't worked on this for a while, but it's due to a couple of things (like getting married :). So, here's what I want to do: - Launch the new website under (URL) I need to hear back from Mark P on this. - Check the member information. - (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Update on next LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4

Here is the current list of attendees for the next LUGOLA meeting: Myself, my wife, and kid David Johann Anne (The Lego Tiger) Scott Costello Mark P Conrad Frank Brian Reynolds Adrian Egli - Want's ride Jonathan Hunter -I will for sure bring my 1/8 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes

Whew, I'm in Lego Recovery after Brick Fest! I just wanted to say a few things about this very important issue. Firstly, I don't know where the heck Matt Gerber is, but I hope he is ok and I hope nothing ill happened to him. Secondly, The PBX event (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.people)

  Info on next LUGOLA meeting - September 6, 11-4, Southern Orange County

It looks like preliminary questioning regarding the location and date of the next meeting went well, so here is a formal announcement: Where: Our house in Mission Viejo, CA (Southern Orange County) - see below for directions When: Saturday September (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Saturday General Session Announcements

(...) I've got the same fear. (...) This statement could well be the single most important item in this entire thread. (...) Very true. Even though GenCon showed us that if you make an event large enough and command enough media attention, you can (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

(...) Date looks good on my calander :-) If I can hitch a ride from someone in the San Diego area, I'd be most greatfull. I'd toss in $20 for gas. Adr. (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

I should be able to make Sept. 6th, no problem. -Brian Reynolds (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

(...) Count me in! C (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Saturday General Session Announcements

(...) Here is my senile recollection of those historical events. Many of us batted around the idea of having a west coast brickfest type convention. While in infancy our East coast counter parts voiced loud opposition to everything from our desire (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

(...) Hey Brad, the date sounds good to me, but what about the place? Mission Viejo? did you guys move, or is your old place just officially in Mission Viejo instead of Irvine? Either way count me in. Scott (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

(...) This works for me, I will be there. Thanks Brad for hosting it! Mark P (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Saturday General Session Announcements

(...) I'm in total agree ment there. I've already started preliminary plans using the connections I could reach on a Sunday. I'll expect better responses tomorrow. (...) How about September 6th? Join us in Mission Viejo at the next LUGOLA meeting (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

Hi all, I'll try to make it. It depends on the time. If we can start at 11am, I might be able to make it and leave around two. -Anne (...) -- For SCO to attack IBM using IP (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. is somewhat like trying to eat >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

(...) Yeah, I've know for almost 2 weeks that Scott couldn't take this one, but I dropped the ball getting busy...sorry folks. Sept 6th sounds great to me and I've updated our sidebar to reflect that. -Dave (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Proposed next LUGOLA meeting, Saturday September 6, at my house?!?!

Hi, There hasn't been much action with regards to the next meeting. I propose that we have the next one on Saturday, September 6, at my house, in Mission Viejo (Southern Orange County). Please provide feedback on this date. Thanks (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Saturday General Session Announcements

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Dave Johann wrote: -a lot of snipping- (...) It's good to see someone is giving a thumbs up to my idea :-) It's also good to see this topic starting getting some attention. Let's go back in history to when the BW idea (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LEGO Enthusiasts at the 2003 SIGGRAPH in San Diego

Just a note to everyone .... please, come out and join the fun! If you volunteer to work with the LEGO displays at this SIGGRAPH, you will receive a pass to the event! Tickets cost $270 (conference select) and $700 (full conference). If you are at (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.cad)

  LEGO Enthusiasts at the 2003 SIGGRAPH in San Diego

SIGGRAPH is "The World's Largest Marketplace of Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques Conference". (URL) this year's SIGGRAPH, LEGO enthusiasts will be participants in the event that runs from July 27th to the 31st at the San Diego Convention (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Anyone here going to Comic-Con this weekend?

(...) I went today, small chance of going back on Saturday. It was really cool - lots and lots of good stuff there. Lego was also there pushing its Bionicle line, and the writer of the Bionicle comic books will be there all weekend signing a special (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Anyone here going to Comic-Con this weekend?

Here's the link to their site- (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Meeting pictures are up (yeah, I know)

A reminder for everyone- June's meeting pictures are all available through the links in the newly redecorated LUGOLA sidebar. More stimulating content to be added soon. :) Nice pics, Anne! rofl! I'm particularly fond of the 'Name that Geek' pic (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Pictures of SCLTC's latest show!

SCLTC finished its latest show, which ran June 27-28, 2003. We displayed at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, CA. (URL) let the picture the rest of the talking (insert overused cliche here). (URL) - Thomas Michon (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !

  Meeting pictures are up (yeah, I know)

Hi all, Better late than never, I finally uploaded the pictures I took from the meeting. They're at: (URL) you want to see the lighted marqee, check out: (URL) SCO to attack IBM using IP (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. is somewhat like trying to eat >.~.\ (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: California Lego Imagination Center has new LEGO Sets

(...) Hey, I know Mickey Mouse (I even have a picture of myself with him to prove it!) - will that work for the discount? ;) (...) Yup, I was at LLCA on Monday and they had what looked to be all the World City sets, Space and Train sets - they even (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.shopping)

  California Lego Imagination Center has new LEGO Sets

The Lego Imagination Center at DownTown Disney in California now has several of the new Lego Sets. I confirmed that they have the World City Sets, most of the new Trains (including the new train station and bullet train), as well as the new (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.market.shopping)

  LUGOLA sidebar-Affiliations

Earlier this morning I was updating the .org.us.lugola sidebar trying to prepare it for the August meeting and adding in links to the pictures from our June meeting. As I was working on this, I opted to include a section detailing those things that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  SCLTC to Display at TCA 49th Convention

The Southern California LEGO® Train Club is pleased to announce our second appearance at the TCA 49th National Convention at the Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California ((URL) ). The Ontario Convention Center, is located at 2000 Convention (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce)

  Re: New .la domains

(...) Ok, cool. I'm glad I got lugo.la then :) (...) Same here. Not sure why we haven't been getting each other's emails :( (...) Ahh.. okay. -- My Apple ][, C64, and MS-DOS machines (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. have had 0 remote holes in the default (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: New .la domains

(...) If you get the lego.la one you will get a nice little visit from the legal dept. over at Lego. I have tried to email you about the lugola.com domain, but never heard anything back. It expires in 30 days, so if we do not get it moved over to (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  New .la domains

Hi all, I was thinking of registering lugo.la or lego.la domains. Anyone like this idea for very own LUGOLA website? :) -Anne -- My Apple ][, C64, and MS-DOS machines (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. have had 0 remote holes in the default >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting 6/7/03 was a huge success!

Hello, Just wanted to say thanks to Anne for hosting the meeting and opening up her house to all of us. The meeting wasn't huge, but it had a good showing of people and models, and we seemed to have the only spot of sunshine in the greater Los (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  More pictures from the LUGOLA Meeting 6/7/03

Hello all, I just put up some pictures I took from the LUGOLA meeting Saturday. Link below: (URL) Brickshelf Gallery> -Bruce (URL) LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage> (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting 6/7/03 was a huge success!

(...) Thanks for hosting the event and letting us join in the fun. Tristan, Jillian and I had a great time hanging out with you guys on Saturday. Hope that we'll be able to do it again sometime :-) Regards, Kenny Paul (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Pictures from the LUGOLA Meeting 6/7/03

I love seeing pictures of my second family. :P Gotta love it. Check out all those famous LUGers'! LOL! Check out Dave's Action Pose! The sunny So. Cal. weather looks like it made for a good day. We got rained on during our meeting. :( But we still (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Pictures from the LUGOLA Meeting 6/7/03

For those who saw Chris (the wonderful mech builder from the Bay Area), he was nice enough to take some pictures of the event: (URL) may be 50 ways to leave your (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-. leave your lover, but there are >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`. only (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting 6/7/03 was a huge success!

Hi Anne, Thanks for hosting. I had a great time. Great to see everyone again, too. --Dan (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA Meeting 6/7/03 was a huge success!

Hi all, I wanted to thank everyone for coming to the LUGOLA meeting this weekend. It was a huge success, protected by General Charlie and Cody. I didn't keep an official count, but we had at least 20 people there, and lots of MOCs. I want to thank (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Whoops! Correction... (Was Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?)

(...) Sorry, I was looking at the Canadian prices, not the US prices. For the US, they will cost $39.99 (#4402 Sea Riders), $49.99 (#4403 Air Blazers), and $59.99 (#4404 Land Busters). It seems a bit screwy, but Canadian prices are all $20 higher (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) Yup. (...) That seems to have been a rather widespread confusion, but the last set to be released under the Model Team name was in 1999. Since then, the SW UCS sets and the WW2 fighter planes (apparently with the Wright Bros. flyer coming (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) WOW, really??? The Advanced Designer sets are those three (blue: boats, ski doos, red: planes, helicopters, yellow: trucks, dragsters, motorcycle?)! I thought those will be under the name of 'Model Team'. It doesn't matter anymore, thank you (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) No, those are retailer catalogs. I've seen those, and they're about the size of a magazine. The Product Books are about 7.5" square, and they're made available to everyone who attends the LEGO Toy Fair showroom. (...) I won't name names, but I (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) It's something they hand out at Toy Fair that contains small images of nearly every set that will be released at retail. (...) The design of the 2003 PB is not conducive to scanning. It's bound with a 1/4" thick glued spine. Last year's was (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) If I remember correctly, the Product Book is the retail book given to authorized retailers of LEGO. I think it is a violation of LEGO's confidentiality code to post the scans as there are dealer prices on them. (...) This is what LEGO has done (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) Um....what is this Product Book you are talking about? Could you make any scans of it? Yeah that's most of the 2003 sets but what is "Advanced Designer"? Are those the Designer sets? Anyway, LEGO might pull of some surprises (e.g. Train Shed, (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) All six of the World City (ie Police) and all four of the Train sets for 2003 are due out in July, according to the 2003 Product Book. Admittedly there are a few sets that weren't even listed in the Product Book, but the only set that lists as (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) I haven't seen any of the World City sets yet. There is a good reason why. Most of the summer sets are due in July and August. They were posted on Shop@Home as sort of sneak previews but even a long time ago on MarzDistribution, it said that (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) I dunno, I havn't seen them anywhere yet, I'll be checking Target & TRU in Mira Mesa, and KB toys in the Univesity Town Center... I was just home in Michigan & the Target, Walmart & Shopko didn't have anything yet, not even the designer sets! (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting - 6/7/03 - Altadena, Ca.

(...) I'm going to try and make it out this weekend, depending on how my schedule works out. I haven't got any models to show, but there's an outside chance that I'll have a new Lego painting finished and ready to debut. - Mike. (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting - 6/7/03 - Altadena, Ca.

Great Info! Thanks for posting this. BTW - Did you get the LUGOLA email list for an announcement to that (for people who don't track the LUGOLA news group)? I'll be bringing my travel agency and a new building to be announced. I would like to have (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA Meeting - 6/7/03 - Altadena, Ca.

Hello, LUGOLA! I wanted to give everyone a quick update with the LUGOLA meeting in Altadena, CA on June 7. Who's coming: Bryce McGlone (me) Anne Carasik Dan Jassim Tim Haley Christopher Snead Ash Nickle Brian Reynolds Brian Stokes (The Parts Pimp) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?

(...) I haven't seen them in stores yet. My local TRU says they are on order. You can buy them at TLC. You will have to pay shipping, but you don't have to pay tax. Well at least in AZ. CA might be different. My entire world city collection is (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact