 Town / 6285
Re: Has anyone seen the new World City sets yet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 01:43:01 GMT

In lugnet.town, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
WOW, really??? The Advanced Designer sets are those three (blue: boats, ski
doos, red: planes, helicopters, yellow: trucks, dragsters, motorcycle?)!

     Yup.

I thought those will be under the name of 'Model Team'.

     That seems to have been a rather widespread confusion, but the last set to
be released under the Model Team name was in 1999.  Since then, the SW UCS sets
and the WW2 fighter planes (apparently with the Wright Bros. flyer coming later
this year for the 100th anniversary of their flight) have all been done  in the
same spirit as MT, but not officially as part of that theme.  Also, someone said
they didn't think any of the Advanced Designer models were as detailed as the MT
line was, though I'd have to say the yellow truck gives them a solid run for
their money.