 Events / 882
881  |  883
Subject:
LEGO Enthusiasts at the 2003 SIGGRAPH in San Diego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:31:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

SIGGRAPH is "The World's Largest Marketplace of Computer Graphics and
Interactive Techniques Conference".

http://www.siggraph.org/s2003/index.html

At this year's SIGGRAPH, LEGO enthusiasts will be participants in the event that
runs from July 27th to the 31st at the San Diego Convention Center.

Derek Schin and I will be working on a collaborative build to go on display. We
have also got our hands on some great stuff to build that was donated for this
event.  There will also be four computers available for visitors to see and use
LDraw.  All this will be located in the Sails Pavilion area of the convention
center.

Tim Courtney and Steve Barile will both be making an LDraw presentation at
SIGGRAPH's "Birds of a Feather" (BOF) sessions. Their presentation is scheduled
for Tuesday, July 29th, from 3:30 to 4:30 at the Marriott hotel next to the
convention center. This, and all BOF sessions, are free. For more information
visit the BOF link:

http://www.siggraph.org/s2003/conference/bof/index.html

Although we have been working out the major details for our participation in
SIGGRAPH we still need the help of the LEGO community.  We are in need of
volunteers to assist us.  As long as you are an adult LEGO enthusiast who is
seeking a good time and wants to hang out with others, then you are perfect
match.

If you are interested in volunteering, contact either myself (aegli@san.rr.com)
or Tim (tim@zacktron.com) ASAP.  By  contacting us  we can make a roll call list
to determine how many passes we need to get.  Your help is most welcome.

Adrian Egli