 Events / 881
Re: Connection speeds at home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.events, Calum Tsang wrote:
In lugnet.events, John Barnes wrote:
Ergh ... Kevin Loch usually hangs a few webcams around GMU during BrickFest. Did
you factor that into your plans?

Yes.  We're talking completely different things.  The webcams are for more for
identification, a webcast would be actually to hear Brad or other keynote
speakers talking.  We're talking full motion stream, full audio, realtime.

The real question is, would anyone want to watch the Brickfest speeches.

I think a lot of people would. In previous years at BF/BW I (or Ahui in one
case) took email and lugnet posted questions to be relayed to Brad when he was
in Q/A mode. Seeing your question actually spoken and answered would be even
better, ne?

This year I am thinking of being on AIM instead, in a chat window. Christina and
I have talked about what the right proportion of inside vs. outside questions
ought to be... meaning that if it's decided that it should be 50/50, Brad should
be answering every second question as relayed by me. Meaning he needs to call on
me a lot more (or Christina will do it for him, maybe. :-) ) than he did in the
past.

Alternatively maybe I won't do that this year, if you want to ask questions,
come to BF yourself. :-) I'm open to doing what people want done. (and with that
maybe I'll go off and start another thread to see what that is and how people
feel about AIM etc. as this is your thread... sorry bout that!)

XFUT to events.brickfest because this is a BrickFest topic.