 Events / 875
874  |  876
Subject:
Connection speeds at home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:32:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

Jeff Van Winden and I are planning something (rtlToronto-speak for no promises)
but need to know roughly how fast the general public's network connections are.

If you're interested in seeing live video (speeches) from BrickFest at home on
your computer, email me and let me know:

-If you would actually watch and care if we did it.
-the version of Windows Media Player you're using
-how fast your connection (ie, DSL) and if you know your download speed in
KB/sec)

I need to judge whether or not anyone cares, how much server provisioning I
need, quality of streams available, and whether to bother.

Thanks

Calum