 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14442
Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:58:51 GMT

   In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   I stand by what I say, LDD is in my view harder to use, by far, than any of the LDraw editors, at least for adults, and to equate them gives short shrift to the LDraw editor programs.

I can’t honestly say they’re THAT much better. I’ve had equal frustration with both the LDraw editors AND LDD. They’re broken in different ways.

snip

   Calum

I would never disagree with my esteemed rtl associate, but if I can do it, anyone can do it--

This was a simple one. My truck, as seen on this page (if you scroll down just a tad) was way more involved, yet still quite easy to do in MLCad

http://sparky.i989.net/legop1.htm

It may be just a preference thing, but I’ve learned whilst being in the software biz for many years, you use what you got and right now, this is what we have...

I also like watching the virtual truck build itself over and over again as a screensaver--that alone was worth the effort to CAD it...

Dave K