 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14413
14412  |  14414
Subject:
Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:46:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Seriously?  I've never gotten the hang of any Lego CAD system, including LDD,
MLCAD etc...I can't figure out how to do depth control with LDD for example.
I've spent the last fifteen minutes trying to make bricks stick to the virtual
baseplate...I can't seem to make the bricks "push in" such that they don't stick
in the middle of the air.  They either sit away from where I want them to be, or
they misbehave and show up one or two brick spaces in the air.  And this is not
to say I haven't used CAD systems before...it's just all Lego CAD systems don't
seem to fit with my mental model of how to place bricks around.

I was so eager to try out LDD/Lego Factory ever since I started listening to the
BrickFest introduction...it's such a cool idea.  But using the tool is
exasperating!

In the same time in building this house, I could have built my little virtual
house with real bricks.  Hell, I could have driven to Walmart, bought a bucket
of Lego, drove back, built the house, and have eighteen photos shot with my DSLR
and up on Brickshelf by now.  :)

Calum