 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14438
Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:42:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Tim Gould wrote:

b) is a pretty important point for me. I don't have such a large collection and
I often get ideas that I'd like to build. I am probably quicker building the CAD
anyway and then I can fiddle around with the model in the brick afterwards if I
have the pieces.

As for a) I like making instructions, not so people will make them, but just for
techie fun. Not to mention rendering the final models in POVray. There is lots
of geeky fun to be had with just these two aspects of Lego CAD not to mention
the others people have brought up.

Tim

YES but once again no one has addressed the STEEP learning curve to the
novice. thats all.  its just that these products are not "intuitive."

and just for LAR - everyone has stated that we LIKE the Lxxx products,
and serve a purpose.  several people even said that :

"..I'm really really REALLY glad there are folks doing this,
and doing it so well" B.D.

and;

'...i am SO GLAD for all the work that people are doing."  C.M.

OR;

"...I'm always astounded by the quality of instructions people make " C.T

  NO ONE has said they SUCK, or in your words,

"...a great disservice to the LDraw editors," L.P.

Please try to refrain from putting "words"(1) in the mouths of other people.

thanks
Chris

1. words = thoughts, concepts, ideas.