 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *15459 (-100)
  Re: OT: APC back-UPS pro 1400

(...) You could always use one of these: (URL) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: APC back-UPS pro 1400

(...) Thanks Rob, By nature I'm a cheap SOB. I know all about the "real" sump pump backup systems. For a few hundred you can get a (car) battery operated back up. I have also seen the water pressure back up ones. The trade off is with the location (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Really OT: Paper primitives designer

I used this one (had it bookmarked) (URL) get the platonic solids, but it isn't a "generator" They are just pre-made images. -Rob A> (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Really OT: Paper primitives designer

Hey folks, This one's really obscure. I'm looking for a program (free) which can draw paper primitives (eg, cube, cone, pyramids) and explode them (or project them) onto a single sheet of paper, such that when you print them, you can cut them out (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: APC back-UPS pro 1400

(...) Have you looked into a water powered backup sump pump? (URL) friend put one in 'cause his power has poor reliability (in the country) but he is on municipal water and has the pressure there. -Rob A> (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  OT: APC back-UPS pro 1400

So, I "acquired" this UPS. its VERY heavy. I was told it might need a new battery. When I plugged it in, the self test feature told me the battery was not happy. After a day of just keeping it plugged in, (not on) I went back to it, and it was all (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Crazy Derek's Electronics Giveaway

(...) I'll take the above...those ATI AIW's are top notch stuff. Calum (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: when's dinner

(...) Iain, I dont know if you can make it. I mean, your welcome, but since you made that promise to, and i quote: "...I'll babysit for you anytime." I.H> ya see, i got these plans on the 14th and Im gonna take you up on the offer of watching the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Crazy Derek's Electronics Giveaway

This Friday Crazy Derek is giving away all the useless electronic he can find in his apartment. Useless to him anyway. Probably useless to the rest of the world too! Items included but not limited to: -Asus A7V266-E Mother board. (might even work!) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

(...) I'm sorry, did you type something? (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: when's dinner

(...) Sounds good! I'll be there (if I'm still allowed to come!). Iain (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(...) Hi Dean, I did a little investigating and it looks as if I added your ISP to my 'Spammers' list for whatever reason in the past. When I get hit with lots of spam from a bunch of subscribers of 1 ISP, the rules used to be to deny the entire ISP (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(...) I just thought Sparky didn't love me any more. :-( Derek (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(...) Just so you know, that address comes up with: "We're sorry, Your request is not authorized" (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

(...) I bought the 7902 Doctor's Car ($8) today from TRU and I have to say, it is very cool. It has a style really similar to the old Town sets (pre Junior), lots of good parts (two cabinets!) and some really new stuff: I like the new wheel fairings (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

(...) Why would they build a hospital on a cliff (...or a hill of some sort)? Almost as if they needed a reason to use that fancy articulated ramp. Ivan - No one reads these anyway. (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

We have it in stock, along with all the other 2006 sets, 3 cases of each Star Wars set, but at least 1 case of all the others I was allowed to buy early, and are available. Mississauga QEW/Erin Mill area is where we have our store now. (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(...) I guess I'm a stute, because I noticed it :) I bought, yes, a Lego set, at full price today. Now I really need to sell Chris' wife that Duron motherboard. Calum (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(...) Yeah, did the 3 inner shelves, then I had to adjust the fence on the table saw for the bottom shelf since it was thicker by half an inch. For whatever reason, I added an inch instead of half an inch to the measurement and miscut the bottom. So (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(...) Nicely done Dave! I liked how you cut in indents for the wheels at the spacing of the track. Calum (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Sucky US conversion on the NXT MSRP

(...) Yeah, we've seen that. Guess what sucks more? "Not available in this country." And that's the official line you get for anywhere else, including Sweden (where I live) and Denmark (our neighbours, where Lego are). (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Another article

(...) Well, there's another page to look at: (URL) It looks like you can see a little bit of detail on the LCD screen (dimly, it looks like a row of icons across the bottom, and a line across the top with *perhaps* some very small icons above it - (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(URL) Inspired by Steve B's (if I recall) picture in the AFOL comic book, I built myself a storage unit for my locomotives and rolling stock (URL) It isn't complete yet--I have to put the facing trim on, but other than that, it's done enough for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Sucky US conversion on the NXT MSRP

(...) That's because the Canadian version comes with a block heater and a battery blanket ;-) Road trip across the boarder in August anyone? Ivan - For the "Great North", we're quite due South (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sucky US conversion on the NXT MSRP

(...) Look at it as an offset for having socialized medicine :) Bryan (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Sucky US conversion on the NXT MSRP

Did you guys see the MSRP on the NXT? "suggested retail price of $249.99 (USD) and $ 379.99 (CAD)" But as of today 249.99 USD = 291.20 CAD That extra $90 sucks! -Rob A> (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Another article

(...) I didn't see Steve say anything...All I saw is a couple of general questions about whether you thought prototypes would be identical to production hardware. Bryan (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Another article

(...) Aren’t you breaking a dozen NDA's by saying that? O.o Ivan - Technically I’m still under an NDA for “Diablo 2 Beta”, circa 1999. And NO, I will not tell you anything about it! (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Another article

(...) Do you think those are prototype motors? Would you expect prototype motors to be more or less refined than the product that will hit the market? Just a thought. Steve (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Another article

(...) I just can’t believe how slow and noisy, not to mention cumbersome, are the new motors. Sure the built-in rotation sensors is a nice touch, but surly they won’t be able to match the versatility of a pair of smaller technic motors and the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Another article

(...) It's interesting the screen of the nxt appears to be blanked out by photoshop in those pictures. Derek (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Another article

Hey Guys, Heres another article about the NXT in Robot Magazine. (URL) Some actuall photos of it, and also a video of it on the bottom of the page. (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:IsoHJH.10zJ@lugnet.com... (...) yeah Toys3 is over priced, but i would rather have that, than they go belly up, since they do have a bit different stock than TRU etc...and also to their (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

(...) I highly doubt they switched their site to Canadian dollars on my behalf after a certain comment at BrickFest 2002 about the high cost of S@H. It's pretty evident that Lego doesn't care about my opinion, and probably rightfully so. Calum (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

(...) Just think what it would be like if S@H was still in US$. Derek (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Gotta love OpenOffice. Except when it won't work right. (...) It was the whole package: Powerpoint + Outlook + Photoshop - browser - IM - games - LDD. No big thing, just mildly amusing (to me, anyway). Steve (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

(...) Thanks for the heads up--JohnG told me Square1 has one, but it's really overpriced. I can't believe the day when S@H has a better price than retail. I'll probably go and check it out tonight. Calum (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) ?? My kids use MS Powerpoint (or the StarOffice equivalent) all the time! The school district we *both* send our kids to requires it for some classes. But I weaned them off MS mail products by giving them Google Gmail accounts, and photoshop (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Only if the lawyers also have firefighting credentials! JB (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) story? there is a story? :) (...) OK, so your saying you can be bought? fair 'nuff. psst. I can get my hands on a VERY VALUABLE 1x1 used black tile(1)....... I can make the arrangements to make it YOURS (all yours) for a good 10 min chat. (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Yeah, but it looks (based on that single screenshot) like it's way better than the RCX software. Notice the taskbar -- LabVIEW and LEGO Mindstorms show the same icon. I got a chuckle over the *other* software that kid is running on his laptop. (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Yes - it's aimed at increasing the number of kids programming with NXT. An article I read somewhere estimated only about 30% of RCXes are used by kids. The aricles on NXT say it's based on (URL) Labview>, which is also what the (URL) Robolab> (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) Chris, Did you read the Wired story? They've sent us free stuff. They MAY send us more. I don't want to screw that up. Steve (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: software for this NXT - have a look

(...) I think it might be a LabView derivative, Screenshots of Labview I have seen look similar in many regards.Some people consider LabView to use a similar object metaphor to the original Mindstorms software according to some of the results I (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  software for this NXT - have a look

(URL) for the long URL. this is a shot for "media purposes" What can any one make from the screen shot of the software? The last time I looked at OEM lego software was about.... 7 YEARS ago. Is this more "blocks" stuff? Chris Steve, John, et all, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

Ok, so i lied, there are none left that i could see, but did not have a lot of time to dig around. They did have the new Ferrari 430 Spider, sweet, but $10 more than shop@home. Cheers Oliver Might want to call Square1. "Oliver" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  First the NXT, and now this...

... The only 10k RPM SATA hard drive (URL) now comes stock with a window and 150GB capacity!> Tomorrow I'm going to jump on the Athlon 64 bandwagon too. 2006 will be a very good year for me. See you guys at the dinner! Keith (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: RCX - The NXT Generation

(...) "Our limited sensors cannot even distinguish the colours of the spaceship..." Ahhh, too funny! Ivan - In Peg We Trust! (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX - The NXT Generation

(...) Well I'm wondering, if the motors have RPM sensors, and the RPM sensor feedback isn't done in hardware, there may be a way to split each motor port into 1 (unsensored) motor output and 1 sensor input of some kind. ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX - The NXT Generation

(...) That will depends on how they do their digital fire signal. Given that they are encourging 3rd sensor it's probably very open and not too complex. One serial IR transceiver hooked up to one NXT port should be able to communicate with all RCXs (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

Yup, Toys, Toys, Toys, Toronto Eaton's Centre, nice little set, love the doors! Cheers Oliver Play Well. "Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:IsMuHL.10r9@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX - The NXT Generation

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: and 'cause we're all calling it the NXT generation-- (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?

I went to the TRU last night to find 7890, the new Ambulance, and they didn't have it. They had 7892, the Hospital, and a tag for the Doctor's Car, but nothing for the 7890. Anyone seen in Canada retail? Calum (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RCX - The NXT Generation

I'm really loving this continuation of the Mindstorms line. I have no issues with the complete revamp and non-backward compatibility. Here's a few points that I'm pondering-- Knowing the Mindstorms community throughout the world, if there is a way (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Magno, don't open that crane yet...

(...) We'll talk. you coming to the diner? I have a feeling there will be MUCH discussion about RTL and NXT. Chris ps. you ever dig up that excel gear chart? (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Magno, don't open that crane yet...

(...) Or try signing up for the Developer program and be one of the lucky 100 to get one 5 months in advance... (URL) A> (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Magno, don't open that crane yet...

(...) Check this out... (URL) W GFLUG (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Magno, don't open that crane yet...

(...) dont pout just yet. you can always ADD studs. What i want is the REAL dirt. I will wait for Hassenplug or someone to say they have played with it but had a NDA. THEN we can get the real dirt. -what is "digital wire" -is it still a 3 I/O box (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Magno, don't open that crane yet...

(...) ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Magno, don't open that crane yet...

(...) OH MY GOSH!!!!! umm.. I need to be alone with my comp, monitor, and a box of tissue. (1) Chris R22 - marble sorting NXT only 1. to wipe away the tears of joy. (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Magno, don't open that crane yet...

Chris, you might want to wait, and keep that NQJ Brick it Forward crane MISB... cause there is a new toy in town, and you should open the game back up and hold out for this... (URL) "Red Brick" (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] January Monthly Dinner

(...) and the ability of Calum to repeat himself... Dave K (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] January Monthly Dinner

Hi folks, January Monthly Dinner is next Friday, January 13th, 2006 at 7PM: Swiss Chalet 5487 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario Topics include my Honda Accord, the Amiga and Canon EOS camera systems. Calum (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] January Monthly Dinner

Hi folks, January Monthly Dinner is next Friday, January 13th, 2006 at 7PM: Swiss Chalet 5487 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario Topics include my Honda Accord, the Amiga and Canon EOS camera systems. Calum (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  OT - calums accord

So, you know the way Calum is always going on and on about his accord, and how great it is; or his camera, or his Amiga? He will create web pages, with graphs, and charts. You know how it can all be so annoying. You know that feeling of, "can anyone (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  train7b Common River Concept

Hi folks, So, tonight after we got back to Toronto, Derek and I were chatting about concepts and we came up with this: (URL) basically a concept where there is a Common River which everyone should contribute modules on the North and South bank of a (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gear train software

(...) Rob, if your offering this, then I woud love to give it a spin. Could you mail it to me?? Thanks. Chris (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Good article on the DARPA Grand Challenge

I was just wondering who won the Grand Challenge today, and look, it was on Slashdot: (URL) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gear train software

(...) yeah - Excel. I made a similar set of tables for diagonal bracing...I can dig it up if you want. IT might give you the starting point you need. -Rob A> (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Gear train software

Anyone know of software that will let me input a bunch of parameters, and it would spit out optimum brick/plate and gear size ratios? I have a 24t in a bean, and horizontally on either side, I have a 40T being synced by the 24'. I want to drive the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Best Wishes for the Holiday Season

(...) Canned goods? oh ya, thats the game where you need to build an RCX robot to find then OPEN a can of gravey. you can ONLY use lego products. THAT will be a fun game. Chris is it christmas yet? is santa here? (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Best Wishes for the Holiday Season

Hi folks, Best wishes for the holiday season and the upcoming new year! In the new year rtlToronto has a busy schedule including: rtlToronto20: Project Y (February 2006) rtlToronto/train7 Spring Toronto Train Show (April 2006) rtlToronto21: Canned (...) (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: when's dinner

(...) I challenge you to a walk off! (URL) So, whens dinner, I cant wait. January 14th?! Calum (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  when's dinner

OK, I dont think I can wait till dinner. we have stuff to discuss. order of business: Nazism Iron Chef Mech's Soren and Eric Frozen Fig's Janeys klepto-ism with MOC's Other Stuff. So, whens dinner, I cant wait. Chris (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) I always thought project managers were for large corperations who had too much money and needed another tax write off. please send all complaints to: Chris_is_a_dink@rtltoronto.org :) Chris (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) Or these: (URL) were created so the people doing the work would never need to talk to the people needing the work to be done. -Rob A> (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) Apparently these people have never heard of a: (2 URLs) individuals could handle the tracking of the schedule and leave the rest to the people. Calum (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) The Gantt Chart is a bar chart sorta thingy used to track projects/tasks etc. (URL) was invented by Henry Gantt. Henry hated mankind. In fact, he hated mankind so much that he invented the Gantt Chart to make sure that no project would ever be (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) whats the Gant Chart? Chris (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) I've built the eyes. According to the Gant chart that puts me 5 weeks behind schedule. :-) Derek (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) The Inernet? I hear they have that on computers now. Chris have you started on your robot? I built a base. i want to see if a Killough platform would be a fun way to go. (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

Hey Chris' message just showed up, about an hour late and after several other messages were posted. Ah, the Internet got to love it. Derek (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) Touchy? Well...as for West Wing...I got a call from DaveK this weekend with news that John Spencer had died. I marvel at the fact that not only did a fellow WW fan (Wingnuts, they call them) would call about this subject, but also the fact I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) I'm reading by email and that message was not sent to me. I agree with the reasons. It's Dot COM! Derek (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) ummmmmm (URL) um. YOU can be an inspiration to kids cause you got the steel ring, but i can't? YET, you post stuff like this? Oh Derek. :smack: oops (cant do that here) :) Chris (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) So is it safe to ask what happened to rtltoronto.org. The .org domain seems much more appropriate. Or is this one of those touchy subjects like FLL Judging, Home Schooling, The Amazing Race and West Wing? :-) Derek (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

(...) Thanks calum... You could also mention the snazzy EMAIL as well. INFO@rtltoronto.com Sure, I know we are not a DOT COM, but the SOB's at the no name domain registrar screwed me over and didn't send a renewal alert. (you get what you pay for) (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Welcome to rtlToronto.org...it's DOT COM.

Hey folks, "rtltoronto.org Welcome Speech, take 1" "Welcome to rtltoronto.org..." "It's dot-com" "Welcome to rtltoronto.org...it's DOT COM!" Those of you who have been linking to and using www.rtltoronto.org will find it's no longer working or (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  Re: dream set

(...) Calum (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  dream set

8-Ft One-of-a-Kind LEGO STAR WARS REBEL ATTACK CRUISER (URL) want one. Angelo Castellano (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Basic Block Raygun

(...) Its a nice "ray" gun. The CADing is fantastic. How did you CAD that white turtle neck sweater that the MOC is sitting on? It's almost so real and life like. Good job. we're seeing more and more realistic CAD's on LUGNET. ;) Chris (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Basic Block Raygun

(URL) I have been sorting basic bricks lately and as a result have been playing with basic blocks while watching television. This is one of the random things I assembled. Calum (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Near Final Ruleset

(...) mmmm nope. Don't know why. I tried it in an offline copy. Printing from FireFox, I only get one page. The rest doesn't render :( Guess I'll have to keep using IE, or cut and paste... -Rob A> (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  R20 project Y info

So Not too long after the last dinner I had a free Sat. Not like there was anything else I could have done. no judging to tie up my time or anything. (grin)(waves to calum) Anyways.... Rob pointed out at dinner and i can confirm, the maximum number (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Got balls? Heads up.

(...) there is some new kind of harry potter "ball" that has a magnet in it. some version of Jeff Elliots train car detector could probably pick it out for this. Anyone played with harrys ball? Chris (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Got balls? Heads up.

(...) Oh, that would be a cool module, in addition to a ball counter. How would you display the time? Is there a way to do it besides using the RCX display? You could use the Red ball that always got stuck in your ball sorter at BrickFest... Steve (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Got balls? Heads up.

(...) That was my intention. Since the Horta eggs are slightly bigger, droping the balls onto twoproperly spaced parallel rails should work: soccer balls fall between the rails, while the horta eggs roll down the rails and back into the module. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Got balls? Heads up.

(...) Actually, it would be kind of cool to have a module that just circulates the eggs & balls, but only passes the balls forward. No one else has to deal with them, as long as you don't let them out. Sort of like this module (from Brian Davis): (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Got balls? Heads up.

(...) Janey, thanks for playing with these new balls and telling us all about them. Brian, if you wanted to make a module that passes soccer, but retains horta eggs, then you would need to make EVERY module be able to deal with both sized balls. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Got balls? Heads up.

(...) If you don't like the black and white color scheme, just wait - we're finding the black is wearing off fairly fast :-) (...) Wild. They look like the LEGO version of Horta eggs. (...) Thanks for the heads-up, but now I'm interested in them as (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact