Re: Got balls? Heads up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:27:49 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Thu, December 15, 2005 1:26 pm, Brian Davis wrote:

  I had a sorter at BrickFest, but I don't know if it really got much notice -
it could be set to concentrate basketballs out of the stream, for instance.

  Another variation I've been thinking of is detecting one single special ball
to time how long it takes, on average, for one ball to traverse the GBC.

Oh, that would be a cool module, in addition to a ball counter.  How would you
display the time?  Is there a way to do it besides using the RCX display?

You could use the Red ball that always got stuck in your ball sorter at BrickFest...

Steve

there is some new kind of harry potter "ball" that has a magnet in it.

some version of Jeff Elliots train car detector could probably pick it
out for this.

Anyone played with harrys ball?

Chris