Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:57:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, John Brost wrote:

I'm finding it near impossible to use a light sensor and
tell the difference between a black block and no block...
I guess I'm going to have to re-think my entire block sensing
solution.

   I finally ran into the same problem at high speed last week. Rats. With or
without an accessory light, the difference are just too small to deal with... or
at least trust. So I took off my nice, compact light sensor, and had to invent a
mechanical one. Oh well, I learned, and it seems to work. Still not 100%, but
it'll get there. And I could still potentially determine block color if I really
wanted to.

And before that, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

The really odd part is that the program is about half the size
of the line following program I used last month at Chibots.

   My program is growing bigger than it should, but I'm trying for kind of a
flexible, general approach, so there's more than one level of abstraction in
place. It finally seems to (mechanically) work (you remember, that's the part
that Matt grew on his own).

--
Brian Davis