Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:08:50 GMT

I need to get back one that I loaned out.

I know how that goes...I just got back the stuff I loaned to the FLL Teams.

Beyond that, I have one known problem I have to resolve in the code, and I think I'm in good shape.

What about total sensors?  How many of each type did you end up using?

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I am also using 2 polarity switches
and a battery box in addition to everything else.  Hence the wiring nightmare.
:)

Oh...and I don't know if you recall the discussion we had at one time about
setting up 2 polarity switches 45 degrees out of phase (so one is off when the
other is on)...well, I figured out how to do it.  Hard to describe completely,
but it is basically a 3 long liftarm link between handles on each switch...3.5
long would be perfect, but this seems to work very reliably.

To overcome the wiring nightmare, I designed cable runs on the robot that are 1
stud wide and covered with a plate.  And, I added a "deck box" to hold the extra
coiled wire.  I haven't counted the total number of wires I used.  It suffices
to say that I can't build much else without more wires  :)

See, I knew that fantasy football thing would come in handy...I will get either
$550 or $650 handed to me next week...I guess its time to go shopping  :)

(just don't tell my wife)   ;)

Later, Bryan