Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:43:03 GMT

John Brost wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

So, I have a program written for my Tic Tac Toe robot.  I haven't tested it, yet,
because I don't have a robot.  :)

The really odd part is that the program is about half the size of the line following
program I used last month at Chibots.  I still need to add some error checking &
correction, but I really doubt it will grow to the size of my LF program.

Steve

Well that tells me that your line following programs are WAAAAAY too intricate!

Oh wait, no, probably not.

By the way, I did some more testing last night.  I'm finding it near impossible
to use a light sensor and tell the difference between a black block and no block
(black block aprox 1 brick away vs. green baseplate aprox. 5 bricks away).  I
guess the shinyness of the black bricks are too reflective.  I tested with 2
different light sensors.  I'm going to try masking off the red LED and use just
ambient light to see if that will work.  Otherwise I guess I'm going to have to
re-think my entire block sensing solution.

John

John,

Do me a quick favor, quickly mount a lego light right on top of your
light sensor and "aim" it at your blocks.  You might find that solves
your problem.

Chris