 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15455
Re: OT: APC back-UPS pro 1400
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:51:46 GMT

On 1/8/06, Chris Magno wrote:

I would have loved to use this device as a Backup power source for my
sump pump, but lets just say that 950W might be enuff to RUN the motor,
but the is that little problem of start up surge..... grrrrrr

Have you looked into a water powered backup sump pump?

http://www.radonseal.com/pumps/water-powered-pumps.htm
or
http://www.aermotorwindmills.com/homeguard.htm

A friend put one in 'cause his power has poor reliability (in the
country) but he is on municipal water and has the pressure there.

-Rob A>