 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15460
Re: OT: APC back-UPS pro 1400
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:10:02 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Chris Magno wrote:

NO, my tastes run to obscure/cheap/easy.

Like, if on the off chance, that UPS would have worked, then it met
the cheap/easy solution.

Some other ideas I have floated were those "drill" powered self
priming pumps. (to be run of my cordless drill)  and a 400W inverter I
"got"

all ideas that for one reason or another, end up on the "bench" in a
pile of parts.

You could always use one of these:

http://paddling.net/sameboat/Images/bailer.gif

Derek

A version of that IS my current back up system.  Some time ago, when
those  (&^&^$  at hydro couldn't get there (^(*^ together(1) and My
neighborhood lost power for a day, I had to use a 5 gallon bucket as the
backup system.  At night, I set my battery powered alarm clock to go of
ever 40 min, and I would bail.

I need something that would not require me to get my precious manicured
hands wet.(2)

Chris

1. Oh sure, "they" will say it was the storm.  YA right.  I think it was
Rob A, and he was punishing me for some comment I made the week before.
  YA Rob, I KNOW the truth.  I know secretly ALL Hydro Employees, have
access to the "kill their power"  computer.(3)

2.  YA RIGHT.  i got callouses on my callouses.

3. BTW rob, did you find that software I was asking about?