 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15411
Re: RCX - The NXT Generation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:26:35 GMT

I'm really loving this continuation of the Mindstorms line.  I have no issues
with the complete revamp and non-backward compatibility.

Here's a few points that I'm pondering--

Knowing the Mindstorms community throughout the world, if there is a way to make
old sensors/motors/RCX/Scout/Microscouts/etc. work with the new NXT, they'll
find it in under a month and post schematics/instructions/steps/whathaveyou...
:)

From reading the press releases and from viewing the pictures, having multiple
sensors or multi motors on one port thing doesn't look doable, but again, as
above, if there's a way, the community'll find it if there's a way.

I'm already loving the postings here at LUGNET--I'd say 98 to 2 percent in
favour of the new NXT.  I think that'll change to around 100 when 'normal' (1)
people get their hands on it.

Well I'm wondering, if the motors have RPM sensors, and the RPM sensor feedback
isn't done in hardware, there may be a way to split each motor port into 1
(unsensored) motor output and 1 sensor input of some kind.

ROSCO