 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15445
Re: Has anyone seen 7890 in Canada?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 07:17:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch wrote:
I went to the TRU last night to find 7890, the new Ambulance, and they didn't
have it.  They had 7892, the Hospital, and a tag for the Doctor's Car, but
nothing for the 7890.

Anyone seen in Canada retail?

Calum

Why would they build a hospital on a cliff (...or a hill of some sort)? Almost
as if they needed a reason to use that fancy articulated ramp.

I bought the 7902 Doctor's Car ($8) today from TRU and I have to say, it is very
cool.  It has a style really similar to the old Town sets (pre Junior), lots of
good parts (two cabinets!) and some really new stuff:

I like the new wheel fairings a lot, though I have no idea how one has to work around their strange shape.   (For the record I like the way the Ford Focus looks, as well as the New Beetle, so...) The new bracket pieces that hold the lights on I think are going to be very useful somehow.  The very small slopes of the headlights plus the curved roof piece I think go a long way to increasing the detail of the car without resorting to gimmicky texture molding.

The colours are really nice, back to the old primary colours of Lego Town.  The
model itself has a very iconic "toy like" feel to it.  That's cool, I miss that
with Lego in recent years.  It's the first time in a LONG time I've bought a
Lego set based on liking the look of the model versus buying it for pieces.

I hate to say it, but I was pleasantly surprised, as I was with the Technic
Street Bike and the Excavator I got earlier.  Now to get that Ambulance and the
fire truck from last year...

Calum