 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *11359 (-100)
  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) snip HA HA HA HA AHA HA HE HA HO *gaaaaasp* HE HE HA HO HA HE!!! You guys are in trouble now....I've highlighted the post and now it's on the homepage! This was the best post I've ever read since 'Tramatic Events in the Life of a LEGO fan!' (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: MEng Thesis Literature Review

umm, I didn't see any PICTURES!!!! I mean how can someone do a 22 PAGE (.pdf) report with NO PICTURES!!!!! not even one (mis) coloured lego brick!!! :) take that comic book guy! (...) -- Chris "It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) I second that - Calum, absolutely wonderful. The last time I laughed that hard was, let me see,... "Tramatic events in the life of a LEGO fan". Hmm, same subject, same take of it. Coincidence? (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MEng Thesis Literature Review

(...) benefit ;) ROSCO (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  MEng Thesis Literature Review

Hey people, On a more serious, less mocking note, if you were ever inclined to read about the fundamental reasoning behind Lego Mindstorms, here it is: (URL) my 22 page literature review for my Masters thesis titled "Constructivist Learning Using (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) *wipes tears from face* My god I have not laughed that hard in a while...my face hurts. I admit I'm one of those who got his feet wet in Jake's infamous thread but after reading this, it sure puts it all in perspective. Calum, you should write (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

Believe me, you aren't the only one. I think most AFOLs really don't care about the colors too much. (...) Oops, how'd I get in here? :p (...) I'm oh so tempted to just crosspost it! Somebody do it before I do... --(URL) SteveR> (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) We take pride in our mockage. I have no problem with links back to rtl. Let the mocking begin! Mock mock mock! Actually, when you say 'mock' enuf times, it loses all meaning, kinda like 200+ rants about the colour change--no meaning (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) <snip some funny stuff> (...) Calum, you are still a genius. and you make me laugh. now that THATS out of the way. WHAT ARE YOU???? ~N U T Z!!~ do you want AFOL 1 - 7 to come busting into this NG and go on and on about how you mock them??? I (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) Ross, I'm glad you liked it :) Actually, we know this because Greg printed a few limited edition ~~~~RARE---L@@K---CO...TABLE~~~~~ draft copy of AFOLs a few rtlToronto Dinners ago for us to peruse. It was printed in superb black and white (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote a blindingly hilarious summary of the latest Lugnet News! (which I snipped because of the strange way Lugnet decides not to wrap some paragraphs) ROFL!!!! (...) Man, Greg has a Party of Five (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  oh okay, you trolled me. Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) NARRATOR (V.O.): Last Time On...AFOLs Behaving Badly...A hapless employee of the Lego Company tries to give his community an update to the inner workings of a toy giant. Little does he know the firestorm he will ignite...yet again. JAKE (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !!

  Re: I could post something about the colour change responses

(...) What the heck? I clicked on "News" and then "General" or something to see what you were talking about. Some thread with 243 replies?! Yeah, I'll get right on that. Can someone do up like a tagline or summary of what's going on? "In this weeks (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I could post something about the colour change responses

But you know, at this point everyone has said what they need to say. Calum (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

(...) name) thing that is used in the "real world". basically a sheer plate that is one axle thick. as it slides up and down, only one axle is "fed" to a conveyor. The rest is easy. Stepfeeder :) Vibratory bowlfeeders are more common but stepfeeders (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: LEGO train Show in Niagara Falls,Canada presented by TheBrickArt

(...) RTLToronto and others- Sorry up front for the cross-post, but I wanted to get this to the .loc and .orgs in the area... I just stopped in a lunch and Marek let me peek at his layout. It is about 13m x 6m (about 42 x 20 ft), has several bridges (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham)

  Re: Did you guys see this...

(...) Hey, that is pretty neat! Now I feel really stupid for manually destroying all of those MSDN CD's and DVDs...we could have built a CD slinging machine. Calum (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Did you guys see this...

So I am catching up on lugnet (at 3:00 am, dumb work, why do I always get paged!!!!) And I see this link: (URL) leads me here: (URL) is cool.... :) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Scan of 1979 "Marvel Team-Up" Comic Back Cover Technic Ad

YA, that is a cool advert. I actually own 2 comics that have that on the back cover. at the risk of "starting something" I think the colours are misleading. THERE!! i said it! the colours do not look right. the yellow is more orange-y (...) -- (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Well, after many years....

TLC sent me another broken piece. Now friends, when I purchased one of the M-Tron sets off the shelf many years ago, I found a 2x8 hinge plate that looked like it was crushed in a press--the edge of the 2x8 portion of hte hinge was snapped, but (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

(...) Well I did get a picture of the Clickits store at Legoland just for you. :-) (URL) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

(...) -Friendship Bracelet Weavers. Iain Hendry had a plan to build a weaving machine, which would make narrow segments of fabric (ie, Friendship bracelets). I don't think he ever finished it though. Finally a use for those clickits... (URL) you (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Scan of 1979 "Marvel Team-Up" Comic Back Cover Technic Ad

Found this when going through some old "files". A full rear cover advertisement for Technic Lego (referred to as the "Expert Builder Series") (URL) I think this is one of the reasons I begged for 951 and 948 until I actual got them! BTW, The comic (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

(...) (snip long list of mostly my ideas) :) (...) Calum, you forgot to add my best idea ever. and some day IT WILL HAPPEN! The game: Axle sorting. Your robot will be given a cup of all size lengths of axles. The winning robot is the one that can (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

(...) I'm not really sure. John Barnes asked about it too, but we were pretty noncommittal. I wasn't really planning to do a new contest, unless people REALLY wanted one. I guess we could try doing rope climbers or something there. This time all (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BFDC2004 Robotics contest?

Calum and gang: Are you guys going to have something like you had last year at BF? I really enjoy the ingenuity in both the contests you guys come up with AND the entries from the people who compete in these contests! I'm hoping you guys can come up (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Another wasted weekend

So, instead of building a mountain this weekend, I spent it working on my masters thesis/reading course. Let me delight you with some of my literature review. Calum PS-I did get all four XPods at the TRU sale (I thought they were buy one get one (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Re: Green Bricks

G'Day Well, if you get a chance, and you have the room, I could use about $20 worth of tan 2x plates, (heavy on the 2x4) seems to be the most usefull for landscaping. Cheers Oliver "Derek Raycraft" <djr@rogers.com> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  BOGO

So I'm at Zellers, grab 6 green bps, and proceed to the checkout counter. Now friends, let me tell you it's been a very long time since I purchased brand new green baseplates--teh last time I did there were 2 baseplates in a package (iirc) and the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Re: Green Bricks

(...) What? You're hanging out with Elliot? Hi from Dave. Tell Jeff that we can't wait 'til he gets back up here to Canada! Dave K (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Re: Green Bricks

(...) Baring a complete change of selection, or not being able to make it back, this will be no prolem. The only frustrating thing is the lack of 1x1s in tan. They have lots of all the other lenghts. In 2 by it goes from by 2 to 6. Jeff and I have (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Green Bricks

(...) YOU ROCK!!!!! And I was thinking they would have none... :) Jeff VW (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Green Bricks

(...) <snip> Derek, If you have the time, I could go for the same 1xn, 2xn Tan plate order that you got for Jeff (or I could just get those off of Jeff :) ) Thanks Dave (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Green Bricks

(...) Thanks! (I think! :) Whatever you think is good--I like Town-esque parts like arches, fences, slopes...etc. Calum (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Green Bricks

Went to Legoland Yesterday. Solection was not great. May go back again next week though. Unfortuneately I goofed and forgot the wish list at Jeff's So I wasn't perfect at filling orders. But I will try again next time, and we still need to go to the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A wasted weekend...

(...) <snip> Very nice Calum. I like the way you and others made the white foundations for the track. A weekend building LEGO MOCs is never a wasted weekend in my books. I have this auditing doc due on the 30th and I spent my weekend revamping my (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Green Bricks

(...) Why do you keep telling me to get a large cup full. I'm going to Legoland. It's sold by the pound. :-) I think it's highly unlikely the retail pick-a-bricks will have small parts like 1x1 on sale by volume. I will get you a reasonable amount. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A wasted weekend...

Lest DaveK be the only person who actually posts creations here... (URL) spent a good part of the weekend building my east module which interfaces with Jeremy. (I should have been working on my literature review for my thesis/reading course.) This (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Green Bricks

(...) Thanks for checking for us. Instead of green bricks, would you be able to find green plates (1x1 and 1x2)? I could use a large cup full of that and I think Jeremy would like it too for plate resolution terrain. Calum (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Green Bricks

I don't have easy access to direct email address so damn the torpidos I'm posting it here. Jeff and I did a little research and all you guys that are looking for Green Bricks should get together and look at the Canadian stores on BrickLink. They are (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Walmart #7470-1: Space Shuttle Discovery for $50

(...) I picked one up too today at the Walmart at Agincourt Mall for $50. And I noticed the box seems to be different from the one I already have. I'll put up pics soon. This new one will be for parts or resale. ;-) (...) (Eyes turning red in (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) 4-4-4's most definitely existed, considering that one (F1a) holds the North American steam speed record (on rails, not total...that belonges to a steam car). Jubilee class, CPR. The wheel arrangement was also used on some tank engines, and at (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Always in the mood to save you, the consumer, bricks!

So I tweaked my motorized switching mechanism for the train wyes a bit. Got it down to 5 bricks/2 plates high, and mostly all just basic bricks, plates and a few technic pieces... Anyway, if you're so inclined to motorize your switches, here's an (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Name that comic!

<snip> (...) so, would that make it a Brick Clique? lol! Scott (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

Some more: "Bricksters"/"Brixters" "Legoteers" (20 years ago, 24-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto is covering the globe...

Well, at least in Flordia... (URL) VW (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) WOW!! did you hear that everyone!!!! ME, !!!ME!!! greg choose ME!! my title wins!!! FREAKS: "my wife dose not understand me" :) Greg, keep in mind that with my title comes FULL editorial rights. :) Chris 2 babies, no sleep. (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) And even an (URL) (couldn't use BBB wheels for that, the (URL) large spoked wheels> would do) Tim (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) MY FAULT! MY FAULT! I started this topic in the rtl area just to get the ball rolling. Jake told me that he was planning on starting such a topic, and I just kinda wanted to get it started here first, to make sure "our clique" saw it. Based on (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: new name....

(...) I've wondered that myself. I think we could keep calling it train6, but we probably should give it a name anyway, something more than "The Cool Layout Derek Came Up With". Sudenberg? The Valley? Wanted: More Green, Grey and Tan? Calum (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Wow, in one post, we've been told we're a clique (that's cool! I was never in a clique before!) and we need change our collective ways. That rocks! I'm sort of honoured, in a very perverse way. Calum (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) (URL) Indeed>. Not the be-all and end-all, but a fairly comprehensive list. ROSCO (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Name that comic!

Has someone already mentioned: "Minifigs" or "Minifig"? "The Secret Life of an AFOL" "I was an Adult Fan of LEGO" "Bricks on the Brain" -I'm sure Jake wouldn't oppose! "A Tale of Two Bricks" "Towering Bricks" "Who's Afraid of New Grey?" "I'm OK, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) You can use whatever tools you like to try to explain, but there's no justification for it, really. You can't have it both ways. Either this is your little special corner where your clique gets to hang out, not subject to the general norms of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) What about a paraphrase of one of those WWII recruitment posters, with minifigs? (URL) want you for AFOL army) (URL) Call to Duty, Join the AFOLs, For fun) (URL) one is wonderful, it needs just to be re-done in minifigs ;-) or.. The Old Man (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) Remember: when someone says a prototype existed, he's probably right. When someone says a prototype never existed, he's probably wrong. :-) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(...) (URL) Nonsense> JOHN (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  new name....

Well,we just finished Train 6 (see other messages for photos 'n such) but I think it's time for a totally cool name for the layout that rtlToronto is endeavouring to put together. I mean, we had Altenberg before JeffE left, and then there was (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

How about some nice alliteration? Addicted to Bricks, the AFOL Truth. or Brick Addiction, the AFOL truth. (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) So many bricks, so little time... or any variation on that So much LEGO, so little time... etc John #388 (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Don't do this again! (don't you have a book to edit -- or something?) Chris (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

One more: "Adult Lego, the AFOL truth" (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) I like including builders: "Stud Builders, the AFOL Truth" "Lego Builders, the AFOL Truth" "Brick Builders, the AFOL Truth" "Block Builders, the AFOL Truth" ... "Lego Nuts, the AFOL Truth" "Brick Nuts, the AFOL Truth" "Block Nuts, the AFOL (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Ooooh I like that one! But put the subtitle too. "LEGO, It's Not Just For Kids: The AFOL Truth" :) -Bryan (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Name that comic!

What about these (I'm feverish and getting over a bad cold) "ABS Fab" "ABSolutely Fabulous!" "MisConnections" "Plays Well with Others" "Interlockuteurs" (intentional misspelling) "Get a Grip" "Internal Blockage" "New Block Age" "DarkAge Emergence" (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

Brick People Brick Fans -- Bryan "Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:HwK4Dq.zC7@lugnet.com... (...) comic book (...) the (...) because, to an (...) new (...) Something (...) term (...) make this (...) your name (...) (even (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) > (...) Don't make me get out the fat pencils and crayons to explain this to you. (...) This one's not bad. I'd drop the "anymore" because this has always been the case. "Lego, it's not just for kids" Derek (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) "Bigger Kids, More LEGO" "Bigger Kids, More Bricks" "Bigger Kids with More Bricks" (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Is this an rtlToronto project? Are you soliciting input just from rtlToronto members? If not, why post just here? Seems rather a wider topic to me than what's normally here and I perceive that a lot of the regulars in this group seem to feel (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Greg, My suggestion is Brick Clicks. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) I'm going to be politically incorrect and suggest: FREAKS: "my wife dose not understand me" BUT the title would HAVE to go along with the cover art that we have all seen. otherwise the title will not make sense you can send all prize money to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) For this project, since it's officially recognized and supported, "LEGO" in the title is certainly an option. So I've been thinking a lot about this title. On one hand, it needs to be understood, in some amount, to newbies who don't associate (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Who grew up? Gotten older yes, but grown up... ? ;-) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Can you use "LEGO" in the name? Like: 'Growing up with LEGO' or should it be: 'Growing up with blocks' Better yet: Growin' up with LEGO I like that one. It's what we did, and what we are. (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Suggestions: _Grown-up Lego Maniac_ _Lego Maniac, in his 30s_ _The Lego Uncles_ _The Lego Elders_ _Uncle Lego_ _Uncle Brick_ _Lego: the all age toy_ _Lego: the lifetime hobby_ _A man and his Lego_ _Growing old with Lego_ _The Lego Obsession_ (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) How about something a little bit more visionary? Dreamers, Builders and Creators: Lego Fans of All Ages. Piece by Piece: Different Kinds of Fans, All Who Like Lego. Or a something a little wackier: "At Least We're Not Sewing Star Trek Costumes (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

How about: Old Kids on the Block Hah ha ha ha If you use it I'll disown you. :-) Derek (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Brick by Brick One more Brick Brick'in Bricks I'm spent.. Jeff VW (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  My BBB steam locomotive (and latest pics from around the layout)

(URL) a newer version of my steam loco--I think it's a little more in line with other steam locomotives--it's now a 4-4-0, instead of a 4-4-4 (which, I'm told, never existed...) The modifications also had the additional feature of reducing the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) How about Brick-Strip, BrikStrip or BlockStrip? The idea being a "comic strip" in "Lego" terms... :-) I know, I guess that can sound x-rated eh??? Dave (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) "The last desparate gasp of a company that doesn't even know who its best and most loyal fans are..." Man, am I really that cynical this morning? Bring back grey and dark grey!!! <sigh> JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) You forgot Blockheads. (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) This one gets my vote. A (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) What about "BRICKS TODAY: The Adult Fan" ? Ben Medinets (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Cross-posting to .general! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Hey maybe The AFOL Truth could be a sub-title, like "BRICKS TODAY! (The AFOL Truth)" ROSCO (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Name that comic!

(...) Around the Block. Mental Block. Block Humor. Bumps. (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Name that comic!

As I some of you know, I'm working on a public version of the AFOLs comic book that Jake and I did earlier this year. Most of you have read almost all the strips, so you know what it's all about. Anywayze, we're not 100% thrilled with calling the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Derek's new GO Train

(URL) the new layout accomidate? :) (actually, made by Reinard van Loo) Iain (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

(...) We don't really have one. A long time ago, JeffE and I had a chat where we came to the conclusion we should aim for a five or six brick tall floor. But I've found everyone in the group builds in slightly different styles and scales. (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote: <snip> (...) Our modules are based on these specs-- (URL) are completely based on these specs from Pacific Northwest LTC (thanks guys!!) (URL) Derek came up with the totally cool idea, based on the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

(...) Side question - What scale are the rtlToronto layouts built to? I found the .space layout standard (wow! lot of work went into that) and wondered if there was something similar for .train and the rtlToronto train layouts in particular? -Rob A. (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

(...) Got home, unloaded the truck, went thru stuff-- came across 1 1x1 red brick. Know I didn't bring it so must be someone elses. I also noticed that my blue loading dock building is missing the actual loading dock. It's formed by 6xN plates with (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos - scenery

(...) Some great scenery in your layout. I notice that you guys build it quite thin, with technic beams for support. There aren't as many thicknesses of bricks as there are in the statue kits. So far I've built just one piece of scenery as an (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: better than bread

(...) Mmmm...mmm..... Redbull. I remember drinking that in New York City when I went down to help with National Guard. The red cross was handing it out to the aid workers and us service members who were on shift for free. The flavor of it leaves (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

Oops, forgot to x-post to others who may appreciate train things... rtlToronto Train Show April 17 - 18th (...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Dave K (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: better than bread

(...) I am trying to do cold turkey off a month-long 3-box-per-week Twinkie binge. It's not easy. :( Kara told me I have to stop, because they would survive a nuclear blast, or some such nonsense. I was wondering why I was feeling so sick lately. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

(...) I had a great time. Thanks to all the rtl people! Jeff for letting me crash on the couch. Derek for the inspiration Jeremy for the work and that patented Jeremy look... John for the absolutely stunning bridges Calum for fielding questions that (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

Hey folks, Here's some pictures from our recent rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 show at the Toronto Toy, Train and Doll Collector's Show this weekend at the International Centre. (URL) are mostly setup photos of people working on the layout. Derek and (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lugnet stats

(...) ...But 80's music is the only good music of the 20th century ;) (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact