 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11288
Re: Name that comic!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:07:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Greg Hyland wrote:
Anywayze, we're not 100% thrilled with calling the comic "AFOLs" because, to an
outsider, it's sort of a strange name. Niether Jake or I can think of a new
title for the comic book, so doesn anyone out there have any ideas?

Can you use "LEGO" in the name?

Like: 'Growing up with LEGO'
or should it be: 'Growing up with blocks'

Better yet:
Growin' up with LEGO

I like that one.  It's what we did, and what we are.

For this project, since it's officially recognized and supported, "LEGO" in the
title is certainly an option.

So I've been thinking a lot about this title. On one hand, it needs to be
understood, in some amount, to newbies who don't associate "brick" with "LEGO
element". On the other hand, since there will be a big LEGO-related picture on
the cover too, I don't think the title has to be TOTALLY descriptive. Fun is
probably more important.

Jake

---
Jake McKee