 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11345
Re: BFDC2004 Robotics contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 01:42:54 GMT

"Chris Magno" <hollynorth@bellnet.ca> wrote:

At one of our lego monthly dinners iain suggested a (forgot the proper
name) thing that is used in the "real world".  basically a sheer plate that
is one axle thick.  as it slides up and down, only one axle is "fed" to a
conveyor.  The rest is easy.

Stepfeeder :)  Vibratory bowlfeeders are more common but stepfeeders are
commonly used for long, thin parts - like axles.

FESTO released recently Checkbox and now Checkbox Compact SSV which is very
suitable for use after part orientation for validation behind vibratory
bowlfeeders or stepfeeders.

    Iain (gotta call my bowlfeeder guy tomorrow...)