 Off-Topic / Fun / 3223
Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:05:17 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I was going to recommend Jason and the Argonauts, if only because the
mummy-slashing scene in the current The Mummy is inspired by the skeleton • scene
from Jason.  The second Sinbad movie (Golden Voyage of...) had a few Indian
monuments.

Errol Flynn movies: The Sea Hawk, Adventures of Robin Hood, Captain Blood.
Ahhh, Michael Curtiz directing and Erik Korngold music!

She (I'm thinking of the Hammer productions version).  That's more in the
Adventurer's line.  There's was some Egyptian female archeaologist thing a
number of years back (Frank Langella, the ever-present John Rhys-Davies, • Lesley
Ann somebody Down or Warren)....Sphynx.  Sorry, brain lag.  I don't
particularly recommend the latter beyond it fit into the egyptian theme.

Tyrone Power: The Mark of Zorro, The Black Swan, Captain from Castille, King • of
the Khyber Rifles.  His daughter, Taryn Power, is in the third Sinbad movies
mentioned by Joseph.  The current The Mask of Zorro was pretty good, if
over-long.

I'm sure I can dredge up some more if I walk through Ken Crane's Laserdisc • (and
DVD) store.

Bruce

Once again, if you give Bruce a topic he will run like an informational
juggernaught with it.  Cheers to you Bruce you have given me a whole new list
of films for the coming week. I spent all weekend trying to watch your
suggestions and here you go and give me more great ones!  I had forgotten
about all those Flynn movies.  And Khyber Rifles is one of my all time
favorites!  Too much information is coming in.  My list is growing by the
minute and I haven't even started to try to rank them yet.  More later....

Mark L