 Adventurers / 178
Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:10:32 GMT

Mark Lindsey wrote:

Hey fellow Adventurers I have an idea for a cool posting subject.  What are
the all time greatest adventure themed movies?

King Kong
The Lost World (1925 silent)
Any Harryhausen film:
    Jason & the Argonauts + all 3 Sinbads + Clash of the Titans are classics, but

    not in the Adventurers era.  Suitable for inspiration, though.
    also:
    The Valley of Gwangi (throw some Duplo dinosaurs and Wild West together)
    First Men in the Moon (well, that's more Victorian, but it'll do)
At the Earth's Core
The Land that Time Forgot
etc
etc

I'd also like to tell Mark how jealous I am that he beat me to a Nautilus
project.  I've been slowly stockpiling bricks for a series of Victorian sci-fi
vehicles and settings (with the bulk of those parts coming from Adventurers sets
of course), but all I've actually built so far is a big red walrus (refer to
"Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger"- walrus giganticus).  A few more expidition
balloons should get me started with enough grey portholes for a submarine, a
balloon-based ethercraft of some sort, and a large drilling passenger vessel
(with the help of a Rock Raiders drill bit) for some subterranean exploration (a
la "At the Earth's Core").

-Pete