 Adventurers / 227
Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:50:17 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:

Hi fellow adventurers,
  While I agree with Bruce that the Quartermain movies stink they still must
be considered because the fit the genre perfectly.  I guess the best that
could be said of them is that they are an extremely impoverished man's version
of the Indiana Jones films.  And I mean that the man must be lying in a ditch,
covered in leperous sores, with a starving distended belly and no clothing!
Poor, poor man's version.

Oh, alright.  With your caveat, of course.  :-)

  By the way Bruce let us in on where that list of the worst films is.  I'd
like to see how many of my favorites are on it.

Thanks,
Mark L

Oh, dang.  I printed it out and it is being passed around at work.  I think you
can find it at www.thestinkers.com.  It was frightening how many on the list I
have seen, but also reassuring that the ones I have been staying away from I
was right about.  They are preparing a 2nd 100 list of bad films.  I wanna
nominate "The English Patient"!  Snnnnnnnnoooooorrrrrreeeeee!