 Adventurers / 224
Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:44:55 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
The Richard Chamberlain/Sharon Stone movies?  Dreadful movies.  Awful.
Terrible.  And I like Richard Chamberlain.  Allan Quartermain and the Lost • City
of Gold.  King Solomon's Mines.  Golan and Globus productions: enough said to
the wise.

Bruce

A quick net search reveals that AQ and the Lost City of Gold made the Worst
Films of the 20th Century list.  :-)

Hi fellow adventurers,
   While I agree with Bruce that the Quartermain movies stink they still must
be considered because the fit the genre perfectly.  I guess the best that
could be said of them is that they are an extremely impoverished man's version
of the Indiana Jones films.  And I mean that the man must be lying in a ditch,
covered in leperous sores, with a starving distended belly and no clothing!
Poor, poor man's version.
   By the way Bruce let us in on where that list of the worst films is.  I'd
like to see how many of my favorites are on it.

Thanks,
Mark L