 Adventurers / 168
Re: Greatest Adventurer Movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:28:40 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Peter Callaway writes:

I'd go with the Indiana Jones Trillogy, The Rocketeer, Cutthroat Island (Gina
Davis with LONG curly hair *grrrrr* and a good one for the pirate fans), and a
new one The Mummy (with Brendan Fraser - actually not that new).

I'm sure I'll think of some others later.

Pete Callaway

Your ideas are right on the money.  I haven't seen Cutthroat Island, but with
Gina Davis in it I will rent it tonight.  The Rocketeer is just great on a
bunch of levels and The Mummy is one of the best adventure flicks to come down
the pipe in a few years.  Some of my ideas are any of the Jules Verne stories,
the Allen Quartermain movies (ie. King Solomon's Mines), even some of the
cheesier ones like Romancing the Stone and Purple Rose of Cairo aren't that
bad.  I also have a penchant for some weird ones.  How about Joe Vs the
Volcano?  Or Cabin Boy?  Now those are some brilliantly done comedic
adventures.  LMK what you think of those.

Mark L