 Off-Topic / Debate / 6126
Re: Mecha Legs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:43:06 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Mladen Pejic writes:
<CLAPPING> Beautiful, nicely worded James!

I let James use my models, because he has the decency to first ask me before
he does anything, if he could actually USE my model. Then, when he put it on
his wonderfully organized and cool website, he includes my FULL name and
website link.

  This certainly is an appropriate display of courtesy, especially given the
sensitive and occasionally nebulous nature of online copyright issues.  What
is the prevailing wisdom regarding reverse-engineering of online models?

     Dave!