 Off-Topic / Debate / 6137
Re: Mecha Legs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:39:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Miller writes:
Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
against them. I haven't read this particular slugfest (nor do I want to) but
it seems one party is alleging that other people are copying his work and
passing it off as their own. That's not good.

It wasn't that at all. Someone asked nicely if he could use the design
posted online, and the request was denied in a rude way. Proper credit would
certainly have been given.

Ya, at the time I hadn't read it all  the way through (sadly, now I have).

I'll stick with the assertion I made that there were allegations of copying of
models without proper credit being given. But I'd agree with you that was not
the case in the particular incident that seemed to have started things. And I
also agree that the expression of displeasure was rather vituperative, wasn't
it? I like what Will Middelaer pointed out over in .people, (quoting my fave
SF author) courtesy *is* a lubricant.

++Lar