 Off-Topic / Debate / 6135
Re: Mecha Legs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:31:35 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
Designs can't be copyrighted, though. Only patented. And I am not going to try

Hey look; it's me and Larry in complete agreement. :)

The DMCA apparently has a new form of intellectual property for the design
of boat hulls. (From what I've read, yes, it is that limited and special
purpose. If anyone has any more info on this, I'd love to hear.) It's
different from copyright, however, and is indicated with a d-in-a-circle
symbol. Anyone know any more on this?

Let's not take the rest of this discussion
there, though.
Well, not sure what you mean by that. I put the FUT to o-t.debate (has there
ever been a FUTwar? :-) ) where I took the discussion seems to fit that
better, and it ties in with what I said before in that group.

Didn't wanna bring a whole flamefest over here (name calling and all that).
However, it seemed too on-topic for .off-topic, since it is in regard to
Lego models.

Overall discussion IP rights seem more suited for .debate than .publish...
Did you want to debate that? :-)

I'd love to continue our earlier discussion on rights in general at some
point, but I really don't have the time or energy right now. Sometime. :)

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/