 Off-Topic / Debate / 6138
Re: Mecha Legs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:29:51 GMT

I'm fascinated by all of this, because I know almost nothing about the subject!

In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes of his quite cool design:

I also license the purchaser to make additional copies for their own use,
which is only fair, I think. (although I could consider giving a discount for
multiple copies, it's too hard for me to collect the parts to want to discount
it much)

  Isn't there some law allowing a consumer to copy a CD or tape for his/her
own use as long as that copy isn't sold or used for public broadcast?  If so,
is that law analogous in any way to a purchaser making multiple copies of the
set you designed?  (Not being adversarial--I really have no idea.)

Learning all the time,
     Dave!