 Off-Topic / Debate / 26074
Re: Creator Set has 500 extra pieces in dazzling colors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:27:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Salm wrote:

(snip)

Follow-up-to set for .0FF-TOPIC.DEBATE

Note that some people get confused by a FUT to a group without the original post
appearing there. It is considered good practice by them and by others to post
the original post to the group you set the FUT to (so in this particular example
the original post would have been to lugnet.general as well as to
lugnet.off-topic.debate...) so that the readers of that group (especially nntp
readers and mail subscribers) have some awareness that FUTs might be appearing,
and context. (Web readers can easily track back without much effort)

Note also that the ForceFUT facility we now have violates that guideline,
regrettably, although it has other advantages that in my view outweigh that
drawback.

Just thought I'd mention it, no criticism intended.