 General / 49203
Re: Creator Set has 500 extra pieces in dazzling colors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:09:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Charlie Petersen wrote:
   Mark, Roy, and Ram -

In another part of this thread, Bruce said he bought 4 tubs with 5 almost identical bags in each tub. Those tubs had 3534 stamped on them, and three straps, instead of the usual two, holding the box to the tub. Did your “boring” tubs also have the 3534 stamp and/or three straps? If so, we’ll know which ones to possibly avoid.

Ones stamped 2714 or 2814 seem to have the more varied assortment. I got ahold of one tub that was shipped in last night (14 others were the Duplo tub and someone else beat me to the only other red tub). It is stamped 2714, and it’s got a good assortment. Has anyone seen any numbers other than these?

Charlie

I am not so sure about the “boring” tag anymore! This is the best boost to my collection ever with an incredible set of grey 3x6’s.

The number of straps and the number stamped on them ring true. Though I would add another criteria -- I happen to have one of the more “colourful” ones luckily (from a lucky purchase earlier) -- the supposedly boring ones are HEAVIER. If you had two of the boxes you will know what I mean with out the need of a scale ;-)

Gosh TLC can never slip one by this lynx eyed gang of fans.
  1. Ram -