 General / 49130
Re: Creator Set has 500 extra pieces in dazzling colors... (padding of the subject to fix line wrap)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:34:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Garrison wrote:
Okay, I'm confused.  My three tubs all say that they have 1513
pieces.  The inventory printed on the back matches that for set
4278, down to using the old grays.  But set 4278 is a 1000 pieces
tub.  So either
1) The inventory on the back is wrong, and I need to go through
all the bags individually to find out what's actually in the set.
2) The piece count of 1513 includes the box of 500 random pieces
that is strapped onto the tub.  That would be deceptive advertising;
the people I've talked to have all assumed that they were buying 2013
elements per bundle, particularly since the box says "500 extra LEGO
elements", not "the other 500 LEGO elements we were too lazy to
pack into the tub".  Also, were it not for the fact that these are flying
off the shelves (because, again, people think that they are buying 2013
pieces for $20) the bundle would suffer the same fate as, e.g., set 3509
(the straps don't even need to be broken to separate this box from the
tub) and there would be bare tubs sitting on TRU shelves labelled
1513 pieces.

Has anyone actually gotten around to counting the actual pieces inside the tub
yet?

-Juan