 Off-Topic / Debate / 25684
Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:32:11 GMT

His record in office is identical to his past performances anywhere else. Yet
he's ahead in the polls.  So obviously it matters not about his past
performance, his current performance, the American people aren't paying
attention to any of that.

So what exactly are the Americans paying attention to?

Jeez, you Canadians don't know anything.  Americans like Bush because "he keeps
us safe," "he's a likeable guy," and "he has strong morals and values."

All right, the real reasons are these:  he has terrified most Americans into
believing that some dirty Arab will kill us all in our sleep unless Bush is in
office; he's successfully masqueraded as an amiable everyman despite his
family's generations of uber-wealthy privilege, and he has successfully postured
himself as a man of God despite his lifetime of excess and his complete
rejection of the Beatitudes, among other New Testament wisdom.

In short, a large number of Americans have irresponsibly based their conclusions
about Bush on the fabrications put forth by him, by his adminstration, and by
the very Bush-Friendly "Liberal" Media.

At this point, some mothercheney-er like O'Reilly would indignantly sputter "You
hear that, folks?  Schuler thinks you're all stupid."

Well, not really.  I don't think that people are organically stupid, but I think
that they often do not have the means or desire to undertake a thorough analysis
of the facts.

A thirty-year-old mom&pop land deal in Arkansas?  That's worth spending millions
to investigate a President.

A thirty-year-old shirking of one's duty while others died for Bush's cowardice?
No way, we can't waste time on that--it's in the past, and we've got an
unwinnable War on Terra to win!

Dave!