 Off-Topic / Debate / 25660
Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:07:34 GMT

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/ presents some of the awfully convincing case
for them being done in Microsoft Word, not on an IBM Selectric.

Unfortunately I did not realise that link changes day by day. It's changed this
afternoon to a new article.

The article I was referring to was this one:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005615

Apologies for any confusion.

Note that midway through the article it has a very nice animated gif:

http://opinionjournal.com/best/cya.gif

which shows that at least one of these COULD have been produced with MSWord...
note that "COULD have" does not equal "was proven to have been"...

As I said/alluded in my original post, I suspect these were forged but really
don't think that's the point. I won't cry if this takes CBS down though.

++Lar