 Off-Topic / Debate / 25655
Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:35:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   I’m surprised to see no mention yet here of “rathergate” as it is being called in the blogosphere. Were the memos about Bush’s service that CBS 60 minutes ran a story on forged or real?

They’re clearly forgeries, but the fun part now is developing the best conspiracy theory.

Somebody has it in for Dan Rather and CBS. The documents are clearly forgeries meant to make DR and CBS look silly. They have been had, and how!

Now, here is the problem: if CBS admits the docs are fake, they will be ethically bound to reveal the source of the docs. They clearly would rather twist in the wind than do that. Why? Probably because the means by which the docs were obtained was in some way unethical as well.

So, Dan Rather and CBS are screwed, coming and going. Somebody somewhere should be taking a bow...

JOHN