 Off-Topic / Debate / 21887
Re: Altruism is a bad idea? (was Re: Finally some church/state mingling that I can really get behind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 01:20:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz wrote:
Dave Schuler wrote:
  So if someone buys my beat-up '78 Pinto for $40,000.00, then he's given me
$39,999.95 worth of charity?  I don't agree with that, either.  If a price [snip]
So how do you define charity and altruism?

Frank

Just my 2c

Altruism: Carpooling (with some non-car-owners too).
Charity: Picking up a hitchhiker (now and then).

Best
DaveG