 Off-Topic / Debate / 21855
Re: Finally some church/state mingling that I can really get behind!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:01:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Carl Nelson wrote:
   I’m for either abolition of the income tax and establishment of a national sales tax, or a flat income tax, BTW. I doubt that you would be for either; > I doubt either one of us will convince the other of the superiority of our own position, so it’s probably wiser not to debate it...)

I don’t know about Dave!, but I favor any of the above over our current system of taxation. FWIW, the question of how the tax is levied leaves to the side two main issues: how much to tax and how to handle corporate taxes. I unequivocally favor a flat rate or a sales tax at both federal and state taxes for taxes assessed to natural persons.

-- Hop-Frog