 Off-Topic / Debate / 21864
Re: Newsbits: CA Recall and IMF-Argentina Negotiations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   California Recall: The Coup Inside a Circus

edit: I can’t quite dismiss this story as complete madness. There’s so much going on right now in terms of information consolidation that it’s hard to see the purposes of democracy winning out against the “Bush-ite, Murdoch, Clearwater, Right-Wing” media juggernaut. After all, a bloody coup is unnecessary when the people will just rollover for you, watching the right-wing take over on television! And speaking of rollover...

Yes, but what does Bush have to do with the recall of Davis? This is a local mania of the Republican party, who have finally figured out that they can abuse the recall procedures against the Democratic party rather than their own. Given Dubya any kind of credit on this is overestimating his abilities - all he views California as is a a bottomless money pit for donations to his campaign funds. Why any Californian would give a dime to Bush is beyond me since he screws over the state (and the donaters) every chance he gets in revenge for California having better sense than to vote for either Bush.

-->Bruce<--