 Off-Topic / Debate / 21895
Re: Newsbits: CA Recall and IMF-Argentina Negotiations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:19:30 GMT

   If your intent is to equate a Enron’s years-long concerted fraud with Global Crossings’ bankruptcy, I’m afraid you’ll need to support your claim.

Just showing some skeletons on the other side. McAuliffe was first to jump down Bush’s throat for his “involvement” with Enron, but never mind his own $18 million profit off Global Crossing that looked as specious as anything Bush might have done with Enron!

   That’s pure post hoc reasoning.

“If you took all the economists in the world and laid them end-to-end, they still wouldn’t reach a conclusion.”

We’ll know in six months to a year or so. It’s speculation until then, but the signs are in favor of a recovery now (higher DJIA, more consumer spending, more consumer confidence, dropping bond interest rates).

Best regards, Carl