 Off-Topic / Debate / 21859
Newsbits: CA Recall and IMF-Argentina Negotiations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:02:22 GMT

California Recall: The Coup Inside a Circus

edit: I can’t quite dismiss this story as complete madness. There’s so much going on right now in terms of information consolidation that it’s hard to see the purposes of democracy winning out against the “Bush-ite, Murdoch, Clearwater, Right-Wing” media juggernaut. After all, a bloody coup is unnecessary when the people will just rollover for you, watching the right-wing take over on television! And speaking of rollover...

Stakes Are High in IMF-Argentina Negotiations

edit: Foreigners bearing gifts are not your friends...

-- Hop-Frog