 Off-Topic / Debate / 13672
Re: Fatwah
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:19:26 GMT

I need to qualify this a little. The "white man's club" refers to the LP.
This issue was covered well in a post made by Dave Schuler some time ago:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=10873

Yes, readers not familiar with your sorry "smear by question" tactics ought
to go read the whole thread, in fact.

Calling the LP a "white man's club", with the baggage and implications and
all, is one of your worst smears ever. Shame shame for bringing it up again
but you must be running out of other filth to fling.

I'm only responding because this refers back to a post that I was at least
in part quoted on.  Saying the Libertarian party primarily appeals to
middle/upper-middle class white males and calling it a "white man's club"
are two different things.  As Larry notes, there's a whole lot of baggage
attached to that.  The LP is not the Everyman's solution that it likes to
think of itself as, which was what my point was, and Dave! expanded on so
elequently, but I would hardly typify it as racist.  I play lots of
boardgames, a white middle/upper-middle class thing to do, but I wouldn't
typify it as a "white man's club" either.

Bruce