 Off-Topic / Debate / 10188
Re: A Lego display fund raiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:54:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tony Hedglen writes:

I will apologize once more to you Larry. I didn’t realize you were voicing
your opinion about this. I took it as ordering the club to do something.

This time your apology is indeed appropriate and I accept it, thank you.

I'd prefer to let this go now.

Some how I wish we could vote on whether or not we should use the Michlug
“logo”. But before we go that far what do you think about my thought below.

So far our club has operated on consensus rather than formal structure. That
seems to work (and seems to be the preference of the membership, including
me, just another member, mind you) except that it breaks when questions get
"too hard". It may be that to switch to formal structure and voting would
require "one last consensus". If we as a group want to do that, it needs to
be discussed so we are sure consensus for that is there.

I did have a thought last night. What would you say if my church paid
Michlug to be there? Would that change things? In that since the club would
be getting paid to do something. (Providing a service) What do you think
about that? In that case the club would have to show its “logo” because its
getting paid to be there.

Yes, it would change things. But I'd (my opinion) rather see it the way it
seems to have come to rest, people do it informally because they want to
instead of one non profit having to *pay* another non profit to do
something. (and thus cutting into what your church nets to support its cause)

++Lar