 Off-Topic / Debate / 10165
Re: MichLUG Items in Debate not Appropriate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:07:31 GMT

To all,

I don’t think Scott needs to apologize for anything. If the local food store
(Meijer in my case) would give food to the Catholic Church to feed poor
people. Would that mean Meijer is endorsing the Catholic Church? What it
means is that Meijer is giving food to an organization to feed the poor.
Besides it’s a tax write off anyway. Its called charity. I know some people
have a hard time with this. Meijer has every right to give what ever it
wants to whom ever they choose. If Lego gives money to the Catholic Church
then they have every right to do so. Nobody should be able to DICTATE what
someone can or cannot do. I’m not forcing Larry to anything. And I’m not
forcing to have the Michlug “logo” up at this event. Like I said to “Dave!”.
The “logo” is not the issue. It is whether or not Larry can DICTATE to the
club on what it can do. This is not a Communist club. Everyone is not the
same, everyone dose no have to participate in any event, and nobody if
forced to do anything. This is a private and free club. Anyone is free to
leave if they thing the club is unfair or unjust. There shouldn’t be a bunch
of people crying about being equal. Let us all face it. Nobody is equal to
the person next to them. The thought of making everything comfortable for
everyone else is a dream. The dream of Communism. This club is in the United
States and it is free to do what ever it wishes. If the majority of the club
members agree on doing an event then the club should be free to do so.
Please do not confuse freedom and equality. And if anyone would like to
debate on these issues than make sure you have all the facts and the full
story. Have a nice day.