 Off-Topic / Debate / 10172
Re: A Lego display fund raiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 21:07:11 GMT

Okay Dave,

Now let’s talk about freedom. Clubs in the United States are FREE to do what
they wish. If the club is a private club then it should be FREE to endorse
what ever it chooses. If the club wants to reject members it has every right
to do so. If a member dose not like how the club is ran, then they have the
freedom to leave. I don’t think it’s right to dictate anything. If you have
a thought that everyone can be equal then you are dreaming. Nobody is equal
to another. Which means any environment is not going to comfortable all the
time. Everyone has a different point of view than the other. Which means
again there is no equality. So the thought of creating a club that will be
comfortable to all members is a false idea. People have to compromise in
order to get along. If the compromise is unacceptable then there is always
the freedom to leave the club.