 Local / Nederland / 1276
Re: Set #10021 has been spotted at Shop at Home!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:42:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.nl, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.loc.nl, Jeff Stembel writes:
And you know I don't how?  Are you telepathic?  Do you knnow all the people I
talk to?

You're right -- I don't know what you know.  If you have the inside scoop
and can give all of us the benefit of your knowledge, please do so.  I look
forward to your detailed descriptions of sources and information.

Otherwise, if it's just conjecture, or extrapolated from data outside
TLC/Lego Direct -- as any of us might engage in -- then I don't necessarily
see the point of your claim.  In that case your knowledge would be no better
than my own -- which is the main reason I try to avoid these assertions
based on a stack of qualified "ifs".  The "ifs" have a tendency to collapse
and I just can't see the point of the conversation.

This has been your standard argument in the past against conjecture and
speculation, even when it has been based on intimate knowledge of the
industries involved. I've argued quite successfully against your standard
argument as being invalid and less than useful, and discussion stifling. I
thought we'd moved on from that, and it's unfortunate that you seem to be
reverting to your old ways in this area.

Let people speculate and don't worry about it. If you don't want to hear it,
don't read it. But don't pooh pooh it as somehow not valid when in fact it's
more likely to be valid than your own speculation, as has been proven out
before. Your line of argument is not affirming and is itself discussion
stifling.