 Local / Nederland / 1255
Re: Set #10021 has been spotted at Shop at Home!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:22:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.nl, John Henry Kruer writes:
Oh, come on... Lego dosn't have the molds, they  couldn't do it if they
wanted to.

This same tired argument again and again.

Obviously they are not doing it with 1x1x1 squared windows.  I too defended
the set as it stands, at the right price its probably a good deal.  I said I
hoped they killed more Legends and soon -- which meant keep the good brick
and plate sets coming. No arguments there.

But, of course, they COULD do it with the right windows -- if they wished.

What exactly do you think TLC is in the business of doing?  Don't have the
molds? Make new ones. It would jump the price?  Maybe.  I didn't realize any
of us knew that much about their internal strategizing, although I admit
it's not a bad assumption.  But nobody knows for sure either, right?

What exactly do you think TLC is in the business of doing?  I keep my own
assumptions simple: they make buckets, accessory packs, and sets of
interlocking plastic bricks.  To do so they must design the bricks, create
molds for them, actually manufacture the bricks, and in addition to this
they must also perform a host of marketing and packaging tasks to get their
product "out there".  End of story.

I think that Brad Justus may have said the Legends sets would not have new
molds made for them.  Fine.  That's a business decision that doesn't exclude
making new molds for old elements as if such a thing existed only in the
realm of the impossible.  The same reasons that may have made TLC decide
giving new life to old elements is not a good idea for right now, may
change.  At a future time, they might decide differently.

A lot of people would like to see the 1x1x1 window come back -- one way or
another.  This was a missed opportunity.

-- Hop-Frog